The stare down...

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So I am continuing my daily routine JUST IN CASE Rocky wants to come out and play. LOL I keep seeing him stare and he won't come out...he stares for a while then sleeps. I say HEY but don't interact as I want him to rest. In my mind, I was thinking that he was sleeping with his eyes open because I could've sworn I read somewhere that is possible but as soon as I thought it, Rocky closed his eyes and was knocked out!
I even resumed a little of my life pre-Rocky but geez, I'd rather come home and sit near the enclosure just in case he comes out so he feels safe. Who is the loser? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE but I haven't cried. Baby steps!!!

I am pleased to say that he is brumating on the cool side and he is definitely comfortable!

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Awww he’s such a sweet little boy! I’m loving having these little tales of Rocky! Once Cookie passed out on his log after a day out, I could not wake him even with his favourite, green beans!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's amazing how attached we get to them, but your doing the right thing. Rocky will be back up and at em before you know it :)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Well well well...so yesterday Rocky spent all day with me. I think Rocky is playing with my emotions but I am better. He peeked out for about 20 minutes. He ate some greens and then basked. I didn't scream of excitement but you know I wanted to. I opened the enclosure door for the "test" and about 30 minutes later BOOM to the window he went! I said ROCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I gave him his space but asked him if I could give him a hug. He didn't close his eye on me which means "yes." I gave him a brief hug and attempted to put him down but HE WOULDN'T LET GO. :love: When I tell you we are ridiculous LOL BUT I DIDN'T CRY LOL
Rocky hung out all day and I prepared myself for him to go back to his hide but where did he go? TO MY BED! What in the???????????????????????????? I didn't care. I would've slept on the floor.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: As we speak, Rocky is in his enclosure basking to the morning light!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
See he missed you to!!!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I just remembered to weigh him..... .0718 lbs I forgot to do oz
I will do so tomorrow.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So I'm noticing when I take Rocky out for a bath, that is when he stays up for a day or so. I do the paper towel trick and when he begins lapping, I get the bath ready. I stretch the time as long as I can. The first time Rocky was really dehydrated (well visibly to me) and this time he needed water but he visibly looked okay. I know Rocky needs the water because he sits in it calmy for the 20 minutes. When I attempt to put him back under his hide, he is confused as to what I am doing. Rocky stays up for at least 2 days then resumes his "brumating" behavior. So today, day 2- he is up but is under his hide. He is watching me but his eyes close often. Yesterday he gets out, walks around, ate, no poop- skiddish behavior- basked most of the day...towards the end of the day wants me near. He wouldn't sleep if I was near but I didn't want to bring him out of the enclosure all night so when I laid down in front of the tank, he went to sleep. It's like this "brumating" makes him revert to his earlier behavior. My baby!

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom