The odd friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Background: My cat is rather old (18yrs) and never tries anything "cat-like" anymore. Instead she parades around the house inspecting the new objects and lounges in the sun for the rest of the day. So I guess you could say she has a little beardy inside her.
Well on the first day I got my beardy(Lia), she inspected the cage for about an hour and then went to sleep on the couch. This set the tone for her future habits- everyday sleeping in front of the tank, on the couch.
DSC00158.jpg

Three months past with me not thinking much of this. Lia on the other hand kept glass dancing when the cat moved- trying to proceed in the direction of the cat.
Eventually I got the hint and let her out.
I placed her on the far end of the couch, far away from the cat but, within a split second, she scampered across the couch, with a final leap towards the cat and literally belly flopped into the cat's fur!!
My initial reaction was panic, but the final result left me running for my camera instead!!

DSC00180.jpg

They spent about 15min like that with me in suspense- until I couldn't take it anymore and put her back in her cage.
Glad I took the pic though!
LOL!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I guess if you're a beardie, the cat's fur looks awfully comfortable. The cat looked a little annoyed with Lia on his stomach, was he?

clbauman7

Hatchling Member
that is so cute. Our cat likes our beardie too. But not in a good way. He thought Goliath was a toy and when we weren't looking, the cat got a hold of him. It was scary. Luckily our little guy was ok.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Holy cow! I would've had a heart attack!
What was your cat's initial reaction when Lia belly flopped on top of him? Or were there no reaction at all, as if he was expecting it to happen?

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
I'm horrified to let Zinger near my dogs even though they wouldn't hurt a fly, but I would be even more horrified with a cat because they like to chase! :shock:

That's so cute, though. :)

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Both of my dogs are interested in Scorch and behave themselves. Mind you they are old too, and small to boot being 8lb min pins. Probably about the same size as your cat. Scorch has jumped on both their backs while they were sitting next to me on the couch while I was holding her. It was a slow process of trust, but now she can be out for free roam as long as someone is sitting on the floor in the room and they don't bother her. We have had her for eight months now so they have figured out that she is the new baby and they will just have to deal with it. The only time there has ever been tension between them is when Mickey, the male dog, licked her face. She didn't like that at all and had a temper tantrum, puffing and hissing at him. He hasn't tried it since.

JakeJHB

Original Poster
Actually the cat just kinda stretched out a little after lia landed on her, and started to Purr.
The slightly annoyed look is the flash from the previous photo.
The shot I missed while grabbing my camera is where Lia literally snuggles into her fur!
It was very cute.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
That is SOOO cute! My cat Zippy and Twitch have touched noses a couple times and I hoped they may develop a friendship. Since then though Zippy has misbehaved and now lives outside so nix that idea.

crickest

Juvie Member
My dog, Spike (boxer), who is five years old and sweet as can be fell in love with our first beardie, Ash. Spike would sit in front of the viv and watch Ash, who would watch Spike. Spike has never tried to hurt or attack the viv, he will just sit on the outside edge of the light circle (on the floor) and watch Ash. It almost killed me after Ash died, because Spike came into the room and searched the viv for Ash. The lights in the tank were off and Spike got really upset. It was like he knew the lights were supposed to be on. He got right up to the glass and searched very intently for his little friend and then looked at me with a questioning look, like "where in the heck is he? And why are the lights off?"

Well, Spike has been kept out of the room, since Spark is little and I didn't want to stress him out. Spike (the dog) was finally let in yesterday evening and he immediately sat down at the edge of the light and stared intently into the viv. He whined up at me like he was saying, "Mom, I know he's in there, but I can't see him." I went over to the viv and pointed my finger through the glass at Spark. Spike's whole body went on alert, he was so excited, and he just stared at the dragon until I made him leave the room.

This morning, Spike had to come into the room and look in the viv to make sure Spark was still in there. Spark, on the other hand is not so excited about the dog in the room bit.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
:love5: That is sooooo cute!!!

My kitty Ira is an outdoor cat, so he's pretty skittish. Doubt he'd appreciate a beardie encounter. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom