The new plague: Ads.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
beardie":1dhcvofz said:
I was actually thinking of finding a way of having "sponsoring" be a way to disable ads for that member. Currently, the amount of money coming from sponsoring is pretty minimal (maybe $15/mo). But, it would be worth having it detect a person's login, see they're a sponsor, and just disable loading any ads.

Again... an idea in the works... it MIGHT be something I could start working on as I work on migrating to the newer software (where I have to work in the templates for the site anyway). No promises right away, but I think that would help people like you who don't mind pitching in a few bucks month in exchange for having ads disabled. Originally sponsoring was setup just because members really wanted a way to directly contribute. That's why I set it up with small amounts like that.
That sounds like a good idea! Is it a one time pay or is it a subscription? Once I have more cash on hand (darn dubia roaches burnt quite the hole in my wallet) I'd Love to sponsor!
Claudiusx":1dhcvofz said:
I like that Idea.

-Brandon
Same.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
The sponsors are a subscription. Obviously since I just thought of the idea, I haven’t yet assessed which sponsorship level would be the best one (i.e. balance to about the same revenue). I suspect the $2 or $3/mo sponsorships would do it. Not sure about the $1/mo. It might. Again, need to check on the math of it all. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
kingofnobbys":1a0i83jw said:
Not a fan to seeing ads anywhere outside the banner ads ( and wish I didn't have to see them either ).
Me too, they’re getting worse. Especially if you mostly use the mobile website like me. It takes up the whole screen sometimes. :/

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom