The First attack!

Beardie name(s)
Mushu
So today i was chilling with Mushu (male almost a year old) at my desk like normal. he had his portable heat lamp on and an entire bowl of salad near him. everything was fine then all of a sudden his beard was so black and he started to head bob. now i know they do this if they see another dragon or themselves, so i figured he'd calm down after a few pets like normal. nope. he continued so i let him be. i put my feet on my desk to lean back in my chair few mins later and all of a sudden he went after my feet! hes never done this - ever. he didn't bite but it scared me so i picked him up to put him back in his enclosure and he lunged into my arms like a hug and was calm. do you think he thought my feet were a threat because i had black socks on or... something else?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Could be, my big male bobs at me sometimes when i have on a black shirt.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Could be hormones or he may have noticed something environmental that got him excited, it's hard to say what will set the males off lol 😆.
My 4 year old will sometimes go after the dogs toys 😁

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can definitely do things like that, their behavior can really be strange sometimes!
I agree, it could be hormonal, that is very probable.

Tracie

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
After I just wrote this long post to someone about nooooooo they don't bite, I was nervous reading this post. But...he didn't bite.
I am so glad you are okay but whew it IS scary. You're brave! If he tried to lunge into my arms, I wouldve ran! That first time is the scariest!
How do you work with him on your desk?
Rocky lays across my keyboard or literally stands across my screen, especially when I am on this site.

loveminimouse1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
He loves it when I first got him my goal was to get him use to different “chill locations “ I had a pillow the shape of a donut and he loves to rest on that as long as he has food and a heat lamp all he wants to do is watch me. Sometimes he’ll try to get on my chair but he only goes to one spot or he wants to cuddle.
The photo on the red towel was of him a month after we got him.
And please ignore the mess in the photos

Attachments

• 0962F5F2-3CF5-4B86-8457-ED6853E57497.jpeg
    0962F5F2-3CF5-4B86-8457-ED6853E57497.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 58
  • E74C4D39-EDD6-4EBE-9267-15D0AAC064AA.jpeg
    E74C4D39-EDD6-4EBE-9267-15D0AAC064AA.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 751DC3E6-1EC0-4A5E-BB60-972D753F6FD5.jpeg
    751DC3E6-1EC0-4A5E-BB60-972D753F6FD5.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 45D5D589-6207-4B2A-90CB-872FC032D9CF.jpeg
    45D5D589-6207-4B2A-90CB-872FC032D9CF.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 62

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He is such a cutie!!!

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
So today i was chilling with Mushu (male almost a year old) at my desk like normal. he had his portable heat lamp on and an entire bowl of salad near him. everything was fine then all of a sudden his beard was so black and he started to head bob. now i know they do this if they see another dragon or themselves, so i figured he'd calm down after a few pets like normal. nope. he continued so i let him be. i put my feet on my desk to lean back in my chair few mins later and all of a sudden he went after my feet! hes never done this - ever. he didn't bite but it scared me so i picked him up to put him back in his enclosure and he lunged into my arms like a hug and was calm. do you think he thought my feet were a threat because i had black socks on or... something else?
I love portable lamps for Dragons.
It almost brings out better behavior.

Bring out the light.
Get the pillow & listen to some audiobooks.
I get my fair share of UVB/UVA :cool::coffee:
Especially with Dry-Bones.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom