The Fabulous Misadventures of Miss Ella Naff

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
As some of you know, my little striped anery corn pulled a lovely disappearing stunt. Now that I'm breathing again, here's the tale:

It's a Friday night. In short, I'm out late. I stumble in my door around 3:30am, pretty well sloshed by this hour. (actually it was a semi-magical evening during which my pool game was seriously on!) I walk into my room and what to I behold? Ella's cage has been flipped over, there's aspen all the hell over the place and the screen looks peeled back (especially strange as none of the mesh was stretched, torn or distorted, just pulled out of the frame).
The only reasonable action immediately available was to flip out, yell at my cat and start calling Ella. Yes, I seriously did. Tossed the cat of my room, got down on my hands and knees and began softly calling Ella! Ella! Needless to say, she is a poorly trained snake and my calls went unheeded. By now it's nearing 4:30 and my drunkenness has pretty well turned into sleepiness. So I curl up in bed.
I spend the next day destroying my room. Every shoe, nook, cranny, book, inside the box spring, inside my alarm clock, etc. Having no luck with that approach I put a heat pad (human) on the floor and a hide over it.
Days turn into weeks. My routine has morphed to include sweeping through every little corner of my room on a daily basis. I try getting a mousey. No luck.
Two weeks has gone by.

My friend Jenni is over for dinner. I am making a fabulous spicy lingcod braised in coconut milk with colorful vegetables. As I'm still standing over my stove top, Jenni wanders a bit. I go in search of her and hear voices outside. There's my upstairs neighbor, Johnny, who eagerly says "Did ya hear what happened?"
"No, what's up?"
"Maile & Caris (my next door neighbors) had a snake in their apartment and I had to grab and I threw it in some bushes!"
He seems so proud I almost feel bad to shriek "What snake?! MY snake?!"
And his face falls. "Grey with black stripes....?"
"Oh... expletive. What bushes? What bushes?"
As it turns out, Johnny has walked to the end of the driveway and across the street to throw the snake in the neighbor's bushes.
It's 8pm, it's dark out and I am digging through an unknown neighbors' yard, armed with a flashlight, in search of an 18 inch cornsnake.
Jenni emerges with a plate of food and a glass of wine for herself. I'm freaking. And one point I think I've heard her. Finally I think " I need a mouse".
Jenni hands me her car keys and promises to watch out for Ella.
I drive like a madwoman to my local pet store that carries mice, send the cashier, who knows me, running for fuzzies and madcap it back to my place.
Where I find, Jenni, standing on the corner, Ella in hand. Apparently Jen had gotten bored, lifted one leaf and found my missing snake!

PastorAaron

Juvie Member
That is a crazy story! I thought it was over for sure when your neighbor threw her outside :cry:
I'm glad you found her.
We lost Ruth once (one of our monster Argentine boas), but she never got out of the pet room...and couldn't really hide under anything LOL.
God Bless,
Aaron

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
oh dear lord :shock: poor Ella
is she ok? you must be so relieved

well done for not beating the neighbour to death with the flash light,

had you let them know that she'd got lose?
throwing snakes is just not necessary :angry5: especially if you've just manage to catch it and carry it without a problem.

luckily Noodle has never got lose,

the closest we got was a minutes panic when Nick thought she had got out only for me to point out she was practically on the ceiling of the tank wrapped round the lamp guard

her old plastic tub had a very secure lid and up until recently we had a lock on the sliding glass doors of the big tank because Nick was convinced she may somehow get out (overactive paranoia, but then she'd probably not last very long here in scotland if she got out especially as it gets colder )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom