The best time to feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny123

Hatchling Member
Hello,
I feed my dragons mainly the same diet and don't grow much. I feed on a daily basics and at different times day after day is that ok. If you have them on a 13 hour timer meaning light on and 11 off. Seven to eight at nite. Do dragons have a time flame when hungry the most? My dragons have to poop before they touch anything does that sound about right. I have read alot of people's post and topics on here and there dragons eat alot for one like 70 reptiworms and even more of different feeders. My dragons won't eat even half that every feeding. Why would a dragon puff his beard when your holding them happen to me today and had to grip hard or zoom on floor. They have some strength behind them man even for a 5-6 inch baby and 8-9 inch juvie. German giants I believe are the biggest dragons and are the ones that hit 24 inches they must be pretty strong. I been doing everything I can to promote growth in my beardies and believe my baby dragon is to small 5-6 inches and hitting four months old. Bravo I don't know how you members do it...

Cammy

Can you tell us more about your setup? How many beardies are in the cage? How big is the cage? What kind of heat light are you using? What kind of UVB light are you using? How far away from the basking spot is the heat light? What are the temperatures and what kind of thermometer are you using to measure those temperatures? Specifically how much is each beardie eating? What kind of supplementation are you using?

As for feeding times, my beardie seems to prefer to eat a few hours after he has woken up, but I think it really depends on the individual beardie. As long as they have had time to warm up in the morning and you feed at least 2 hours before turning the lights off at night, there shouldn't be a problem with feeding at different times during the day.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Mine eat a few hours after they wake up and a few hours before bedtime, they also eat greens between these times. As for their size I am not sure. The Puffing out could have been a sudden movement or something that starled him/her. And The number of dragons may affect the feeding, occassionaly one will bit the others tail or leg, thus making the one fearful, of eating.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom