Territorial

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Who else’s beardie is territorial? Ok ok background Rango was purchased in Oct and initially I was scared to hold him. (Just didn’t know what to expect) Well once I got over my fears I started holding him more. And even at night before his lights goes off we have cuddle time. Lol I made him a memory foam bed when he smaller and now he has a memory foam sectional. All in all Rango is super spoiled. Well over the weekend I purchased another one. I was told it’s a female. We don’t take them out at the same time or in each other’s site but he knows she here. He’s gotten black bearded a couple times of know where. The I noticed it was after I held her for feeding or just to get used to being held. (which she is adjusting pretty well) So now I have to change shirts when handling them….more so for him. But also he’s been clinging to me more. So back to the question who else have a territorial beardie?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
My beardie if she is not in the mood of being held she would do her cute hiss at me or puff her cute little beard at me. She would also try to run away from my hand and try to bite my finger thinking she's big enough to bite if off but she's only a baby.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
My beardie if she is not in the mood of being held she would do her cute hiss at me or puff her cute little beard at me. She would also try to run away from my hand and try to bite my finger thinking she's big enough to bite if off but she's only a baby.
This didn't freak you out? I know she's a baby but it's it upsetting?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Who else’s beardie is territorial? Ok ok background Rango was purchased in Oct and initially I was scared to hold him. (Just didn’t know what to expect) Well once I got over my fears I started holding him more. And even at night before his lights goes off we have cuddle time. Lol I made him a memory foam bed when he smaller and now he has a memory foam sectional. All in all Rango is super spoiled. Well over the weekend I purchased another one. I was told it’s a female. We don’t take them out at the same time or in each other’s site but he knows she here. He’s gotten black bearded a couple times of know where. The I noticed it was after I held her for feeding or just to get used to being held. (which she is adjusting pretty well) So now I have to change shirts when handling them….more so for him. But also he’s been clinging to me more. So back to the question who else have a territorial beardie?
So I am not feeling guilty about the cute dog bed I just purchased for Rocky LOL - she fits in the crease of it but one day it will be useful.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Some say beardies aren't smart enough to have emotions. I say they are wrong. My girlfriends dragon tolerates me at best,but when she sees me with either of my two out i get serious stink eye. The 2 girls try to headbutt each other off the heating pad also. ( they are never left alone for even a second when they are both out) her girl will actually come try to push my girl off of my girlfriend if she has mine. So yes they get jealous

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Some say beardies aren't smart enough to have emotions. I say they are wrong. My girlfriends dragon tolerates me at best,but when she sees me with either of my two out i get serious stink eye. The 2 girls try to headbutt each other off the heating pad also. ( they are never left alone for even a second when they are both out) her girl will actually come try to push my girl off of my girlfriend if she has mine. So yes they get jealous
Oh Rocky is truly emotional and boy does it play with my emotions:LOL::LOL::LOL:

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
So I am not feeling guilty about the cute dog bed I just purchased for Rocky LOL - she fits in the crease of it but one day it will be useful.
No need in feeling guilty. Both get tucked in at night. But here are their beds.

Attachments

• F98204F4-EA20-414D-A431-E927A6630BD9.jpeg
    F98204F4-EA20-414D-A431-E927A6630BD9.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 76
  • D965EEB5-F20C-427A-943E-2F4FF323AB00.jpeg
    D965EEB5-F20C-427A-943E-2F4FF323AB00.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 79

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
No need in feeling guilty. Both get tucked in at night. But here are their beds.
wow- blankie and all. Okay, I don't feel guilty. I love them. I put Rocky on her bed for 2 seconds then got nervous and took her off. I thought, "what if I need to run downstairs?" Remember, she's used to her playpen- I still haven't had her free roam yet, I am wait until she gets a little bigger. However, I noticed when she is asleep, nothing wakes her up and she wakes up like clockwork. This is a goal that I am looking forward to in time-- one day at a time.
The bed that's on the couch- you allow your beardie to sleep out of their enclosure? That's my goal when Rocky is bigger (also because the enclosure is only 40gallons).

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
wow- blankie and all. Okay, I don't feel guilty. I love them. I put Rocky on her bed for 2 seconds then got nervous and took her off. I thought, "what if I need to run downstairs?" Remember, she's used to her playpen- I still haven't had her free roam yet, I am wait until she gets a little bigger. However, I noticed when she is asleep, nothing wakes her up and she wakes up like clockwork. This is a goal that I am looking forward to in time-- one day at a time.
The bed that's on the couch- you allow your beardie to sleep out of their enclosure? That's my goal when Rocky is bigger (also because the enclosure is only 40gallons).
So I have 3mo old and a 10mo. Only the 10mo old roam and that’s because he’s 19.5 in and won’t get lost. The baby is now 10in but she doesn’t free roam. 1. Because she is so small and I don’t want Rango to eat her and 2. I don’t want to lose her. She only get put/sleeps in the bed when she sleep. Now it’s inside the cage so I put her in it once she falls asleep on me.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They are precious when they sleep. I have had beardies for over 7 years and my heart still melts every single time they wiggle lol. And then when they try to hold on to your fingers when your putting them back on their habit. Ahhhh its great lol

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I love when my fingers are held. Rocky is doing that more and more. I get that and "morning kisses"- I really thought she did it by mistake or to feel safe but now we are on day 3 and I am so excited. I say, "Good morning" then rub her back and she gives me a morning lick. I melt every time. After I swoon she turns her head to the side like REALLY lol

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom