Terrarium sizing for young beardie

PuffTheDwarfMagicDragon

Original Poster
Hello all! My second beardie is approximately 3 1/2 months old and he seems to be very happy and well adjusted. He’s currently housed in an exoterra terrarium (36”x12”x12”). Reptisun 10.0 uvb, 105 degree basking spot recommended by his breeder, temps taken with a zoo med digital thermometer. He’s growing like a weed of course and he’s a chunky boy! LOL. He’s had zero problems with feeding, I’ve been extremely careful to ensure he’s getting his bugs without problems. Anyway, my question is in regards to housing and terrarium size. At what age can I upgrade him to a 48”x24”x24”? I got one on sale and it will be here sometime next week - I’m excited to give him an awesome penthouse suite LOL but I don’t want to do it too early. I will be sure to keep his uvb and basking spot where they need to be. I only want the best for my boy ❤️ Pic included for cuteness 😁

Attachments

• D468C79A-C5D3-418B-9F2B-82BF3100BCF6.jpeg
    D468C79A-C5D3-418B-9F2B-82BF3100BCF6.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 92

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
you don’t have to upgrade to a bigger tank like that until they hit 18”. However, they love space a lot of space. My youngest is 5mo old and 11” but I’ll be upgrading from a 40 to the 120 soon:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom