Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not seem to get my temps right at all on basking area
I have. 75 watt bulb and the t5 10 and my temp on basking spot likes to stay at 95ish but then when I use my gun and check the temp of the surface it is like 110
It also seems to take forever to heat up
It gets down to like 60
In there at night so I have a heat no light as well that I’ve been using during day as well to keep temps up but want to get everything right

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like you're pretty close. What are you using to measure temps that is reading 95? If your temp gun is getting surface readings of 110, I'd probably adjust the lights based on that reading. I'd shoot for around 100-105 surface temps right below the bulb with some areas around that in the 90s. That gives some options for them to choose from. They'll move around a bit and bask at different temps during the day. You can later make tweaks based on their reaction (if they bask a lot in the hottest spot, you can try raising the temps a few degrees - if they stay to the side, lower the temps a few degrees etc).

For overnight heat, I like the Arcadia heat projectors. They produce plenty of heat without any visible light. I have mine on a thermostat that kicks in when needed (on below 68, off at 73) https://www.lightyourreptiles.com/arcadia-deep-heat-projector-50w-blowout-sale-for-august/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom