Temperature for hot country

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Most accurate will be number one. IR guns are good but have trouble with some surfaces like hammocks. They can also get confused on some materials due to issues with how it measures heat and how those surfaces store or emit heat, meaning the gun can read higher or lower than actual temps on certain materials. You can use the probe to get an accurate temp, then check it with the gun to see if it matches. If it does, you can use your gun for daily checks and just use the probe to check weekly or every other week or something to make sure your gun is still working correctly.
All right thanks, will try that.

I also wish to confirm since the UVB should only span through 2/3 of the tank length from the hot side, does it mean the remaining 1/3 length which is also the cool side of the tank (no basking light) will be totally without any lighting and a bit dark?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
All right thanks, will try that.

I also wish to confirm since the UVB should only span through 2/3 of the tank length from the hot side, does it mean the remaining 1/3 length which is also the cool side of the tank (no basking light) will be totally without any lighting and a bit dark?
You can always put a LED household bulb on that cool side for lighting - I have a 120 gallon tank and have a 75 watt basking bulb in the middle of my tank that lights up the cool side - my UVB sits in the front middle of my tank w / that basking bulb behind the UVB --- UVB is in the tank and the basking bulb is on top of screen - those temps run in the 90's in the middle of my tank - you can also use a UVB that is 1/2 the length of the tank rather than 2/3 of the tank - it is up to you - I am using a 24" inch in my tanks

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom