Temp Gun Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Are the majority of most temp guns pretty much the same quality?
i am looking ot buy one, and i found several on the net....
they seem to all range in the 25 -30 dollar range, like this one for example...

http://tempgun.com/

what kind do you use? any brand recommendations? THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Em and Blue :)

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
oh DANG! that is cheap!
thanks for the link! :D
do you know much about temp guns...ya know the old saying you get what you pay for? do you think that is really true ..... i mean, i know they all perform the same function, i just get so confused with price/quality, do you even have that issue or is it just me :shock:
im such a dork. my beardie made me that way!!! teehee
~Emily

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Well the review I read said that the only real downside to the quality was the distance it reads and how high it goes. I assume it goes to 400 degrees tho and for measuring temps up close there should be no problem at all.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
awesome!!!!
THANK YOU so much!
and yeah, if goes up to 400 ........... im totally GOOD. sizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzle, dang! ouch!
i think im totally going to get this! you have been such a big help thanks so so so much!!!!
you rock :headbang:
and Blue says thank you too :)
~Emily

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I have the first one metioned I touch the surface with it to tell the temp it is infra red but I like to touch the surface to doule check.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
well lol, i JUST ordered it. i got distracted by something and the intent to purchase flew out my brain and finally flew back in. im excited about this, its going to be so helpful....i really appreciate the info, and i will DEF let you know how it works!!! THANK YOU!!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:
~Emily

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Blue, coincidentally my S.O has the same model and we brought it to the reptile expo with us last week. It works like a charm! It has a laser pointer option which is always cool however BeeGee tried to eat it so I turned it off, plus didn't wanna get it in his eye. I hope it works well for you!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
OH that is GREAT NEWS!
THANKS!!!!
lol, tried to eat the pointer light .... teehee. so funny!
thanks sooooooooo much!
im really excited about it :) :)

~Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom