Tell me about your elderly dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
Hi, Comissioner Gordon is 9yrs old. He still eats a wide range of fruit, veg, and protein.
Where are all the other grampa beardies? I see so many young bucks, please post pics of your older beardies, and tell me about them!
tumblr_mszjfwKaP31qmyqezo1_1280.jpg

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
I have a young buck, but hope that my Crixus ends up looking that good @ 9.. you must've done a very good job in taking care of his every need to have him that long... he looks pretty content and bright-eyed to me.. tell me though, did he ever shed after being fully grown?? (call me ignorant, but there are a lot of young bucks here, not too many people can give me an answer based on experience alone).. :p

Jess

Extreme Poster
I'm not even sure how old Dudley is. I've had him for a little over 3 years, and I don't think he could be any younger than 6. I'm assuming he is 7-8, but could be older. He has never had a fully body shed though! He will shed random parts of his tail, legs, face, etc... But nothing like the youngster I used to have!

One of my geckos is about 17 years old and he sheds more than my 2 year old gecko. I always have thought it was weird that Duds has never had a legit shed.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
17 for a gecko!! Is that normal (I know nothing about them).. my Crixus is a bit less than 1 year and my female, Omni didn't go through a full shed after that.. just didn't know what was the norm so though I'd ask... again, I'm so glad to hear of beardies reaching those ages, I hope my lil' (not really) guy lives just as long as yours and continues to stay healthy.. :p

Jess

Extreme Poster
Leopard geckos have the potential to live 20 years, but not all of them do. I've talked to some other people who have geckos that are like 13-15, I haven't really heard of many that are older than mine is. I just adopted him about 2 years ago, and you would never guess how old he is if you met him!

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jacody":3vvl6ahf said:
I have a young buck, but hope that my Crixus ends up looking that good @ 9.. you must've done a very good job in taking care of his every need to have him that long... he looks pretty content and bright-eyed to me.. tell me though, did he ever shed after being fully grown?? (call me ignorant, but there are a lot of young bucks here, not too many people can give me an answer based on experience alone).. :p

I honestly don't deserve most of the credit, his owner had to move to south America, and offered him to me. I've done my very best the past couple years to make sure he stays healthy.

He shed full body once when i first got him, probably a change in diet or something, that was 2 yrs ago, then he didn't shed again until this summer, looks like his beard, bit of his face, back legs and tummy are going to shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom