Teeny-tiny dark spots on beard… cause for concern?

Beardie name(s)
Cheese
Cheese’s head is working its way through a shed right now, and I noticed about 3-4 very small spots on his beard that almost appear as though a single scale is missing. Anyone know what this is?

His behavior is normal - he’s very alert, basks when in his enclosure, and explores when out. He’s not bothered when I touch the spots either. He eats a ton (dubia roaches twice a day; BSFL a few times a week; salad everyday consisting of collard & mustard greens, bok choy or green & purple cabbage, acorn squash or sweet potato; and a few pieces of fruit like berries, mango, apple, or banana with herbs like basil, cilantro, or parsley on weekends). He gets calcium powder with D3 on his salad twice a week, and vitamin powder (Herptivite, I think) once a week. He has a 4x2x2 enclosure, with basking temp of 101F and cool side temp of 74F. Humidity stays under 10%, since we live in the high Rockies, so he gets sprayed directly with water once daily. The UVB is Reptizoo 10.0 T5 24w positioned on warm side.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_7841.jpeg
    IMG_7841.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7821.jpeg
    IMG_7821.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Cheese’s head is working its way through a shed right now, and I noticed about 3-4 very small spots on his beard that almost appear as though a single scale is missing. Anyone know what this is?

His behavior is normal - he’s very alert, basks when in his enclosure, and explores when out. He’s not bothered when I touch the spots either. He eats a ton (dubia roaches twice a day; BSFL a few times a week; salad everyday consisting of collard & mustard greens, bok choy or green & purple cabbage, acorn squash or sweet potato; and a few pieces of fruit like berries, mango, apple, or banana with herbs like basil, cilantro, or parsley on weekends). He gets calcium powder with D3 on his salad twice a week, and vitamin powder (Herptivite, I think) once a week. He has a 4x2x2 enclosure, with basking temp of 101F and cool side temp of 74F. Humidity stays under 10%, since we live in the high Rockies, so he gets sprayed directly with water once daily. The UVB is Reptizoo 10.0 T5 24w positioned on warm side.

Thanks in advance!
Please change your uvb bulb out for a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb-- those two are way better bulbs- I would work on getting your humidity up under 10% is pretty low- you can place a small humidifier next to the tank 20% would be better- as far as the little spots could be spots that haven't come off watch the next shed see what they do - humidity helps w/ shed

K10.ham&cheese

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cheese
Please change your uvb bulb out for a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb-- those two are way better bulbs- I would work on getting your humidity up under 10% is pretty low- you can place a small humidifier next to the tank 20% would be better- as far as the little spots could be spots that haven't come off watch the next shed see what they do - humidity helps w/ shed
Thank you!!! We are due for UVB bulb replacement next month, so will upgrade to one of these.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom