Teenager

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
At what age do they consider beardies to be "teenagers".? Toothless is 9 months and we were wondering if, and when, he'd be going through that moody teenager behavior.

Photo of beardie peets for attention

Attachments

• 20230315_071423.jpg
    20230315_071423.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 61

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
At what age do they consider beardies to be "teenagers".? Toothless is 9 months and we were wondering if, and when, he'd be going through that moody teenager behavior.

Photo of beardie peets for attention
That would be teenager year

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It is size more than age, when they stop putting on size and start putting on girth they are adult.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Oh okay, so he is considered a teenager. What point is he considered an adult.? I've seen some articles recognize subadults and some that say they're just adults by 12 months.
yes an adult is around a year old -- he could be considered a sub adult --

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
My new male will be one year old mid April. He is still smaller than my females (i didn't raise him from a baby, i got him at eight months old). He is small for his age, he will not be an adult at one year old, I'm looking at probably another 6 months (which sux because he is going to be my sire, thats why i bought him). He is extremely healthy but small. (His parents are both big dragons so he should be as well). The person that raised him missed the growth window when they will grow very fast, so now i have to just be patient and wait from him to mature. Thats why i say size not time. If you don't capitalize on the opportunity when they can put size on fast, it takes longer to get them to adult. (Your dragons 🐉 are big for their age, they will be adult at a younger age than mine).

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
My new male will be one year old mid April. He is still smaller than my females (i didn't raise him from a baby, i got him at eight months old). He is small for his age, he will not be an adult at one year old, I'm looking at probably another 6 months (which sux because he is going to be my sire, thats why i bought him). He is extremely healthy but small. (His parents are both big dragons so he should be as well). The person that raised him missed the growth window when they will grow very fast, so now i have to just be patient and wait from him to mature. Thats why i say size not time. If you don't capitalize on the opportunity when they can put size on fast, it takes longer to get them to adult. (Your dragons 🐉 are big for their age, they will be adult at a younger age than mine).
Oh okay, that males sense. Yeah, ate constantly when he was young and grew a ton. He's 581, and about 20 inches long. He's a big boy.🥰🥰

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Personally i like the big jug headed meaty boiz 😁.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom