Taming the wee beastie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherS

Hi all, new member here! This topic is nothing new to most of you, but I’m a first time beardie mom and would like all the tips I can get!

I have a 7 month old little female dragon named Artemis. I acquired her on 9/25 from a breeder and she was handled by her breeder.

I’m madly in love with her and have tried to take things very slowly. I realized I was picking her up incorrectly (from above) and have been trying to start from square one again.

I typically put my hands in her enclosure several times a day, inching closer. Today I spent about an hour and a half with her. She eventually jumped into my hand when she had a little spaz attack. She let me hold her for a bit and when I returned her to her enclosure, she did let me catch her again. She also sat in my palm for a little bit.

I’m looking for any taming tips for my wild little beast!

Attachments

• 7398C07B-52C4-4D92-A810-902D74536F0C.jpeg
    7398C07B-52C4-4D92-A810-902D74536F0C.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 150

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
Welcome! Artemis is a cutie. Here is a similar thread that I believe answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom