Tail rot??

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Hi everyone! I’m coming on here to ask if this looks like tail rot? The breeder I got Haku from said the tip of his tail may fall off at some point, because he may have gotten nipped by another baby in the enclosure he was in. I understood and agreed to get him anyways. In his original pictures with his normal colors, the end of his tail was slightly darker than the rest. It isn’t just his tail that’s darker, most of the colors on his back are darker and the hints of orange are more vibrant at the moment as well. He is in shed right now (head, beard, and a bit of tummy) and he seems to be in perfect shape. Extremely active, I hear him running and jumping around his enclosure all the time. No problems with eating (besides the normal stubbornness with greens), and he doesn’t seem to be in pain. I’ve had him for a little over a week so his personality is really shining, and I honestly don’t think there’s anything wrong but I took it here to be safe.

Attachments

• AF2830DC-7B2C-41CE-B8B7-C45AD4AB9ED8.jpeg
    AF2830DC-7B2C-41CE-B8B7-C45AD4AB9ED8.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 140

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone! I’m coming on here to ask if this looks like tail rot? The breeder I got Haku from said the tip of his tail may fall off at some point, because he may have gotten nipped by another baby in the enclosure he was in. I understood and agreed to get him anyways. In his original pictures with his normal colors, the end of his tail was slightly darker than the rest. It isn’t just his tail that’s darker, most of the colors on his back are darker and the hints of orange are more vibrant at the moment as well. He is in shed right now (head, beard, and a bit of tummy) and he seems to be in perfect shape. Extremely active, I hear him running and jumping around his enclosure all the time. No problems with eating (besides the normal stubbornness with greens), and he doesn’t seem to be in pain. I’ve had him for a little over a week so his personality is really shining, and I honestly don’t think there’s anything wrong but I took it here to be safe.
Looks like the end has a nip and it looks like it's gonna fall off- watch for black if it starts to creep.up the tail it's infection - let it fall off and you can use some raw unpasteurized honey on it- that will kill any infection

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Looks like the end has a nip and it looks like it's gonna fall off- watch for black if it starts to creep.up the tail it's infection - let it fall off and you can use some raw unpasteurized honey on it- that will kill any infection
The darkness has stayed in that spot thus far, and his tail is still fairly flexible and when I touch it and move it around he’s unbothered. I will use the honey when the tip falls off, though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The tail overall looks healthy. Even if the very tip has a slight issue on it, there is no reason why it
wouldn't heal up. As suggested, raw unpasteurized honey helps a lot for warding off infection.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom