Tail Rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, this is actually my
second time posting about this issue over a year later with the same beardie. She’s about a year and a half old, and when she was small i suspected she had tail rot but i was told it looks like she had just broken her tail when she was a baby and it was permanently bent. I took her to the vet when she was 1 year just to get checked up on and no concerns about her tail she was healthy. She recently was in brumation for about 3 weeks, and would wake up every now and then to bask and eat a little. Now she’s back to normal and eating daily and a normal amount, and just finished shedding. Today when i fed her i noticed her tail was super super thin at the very tip and fragile, and feels hard. I feel very stupid and idk how i could’ve missed this, but is this tail rot?
6946DFFE-95D2-42DA-BBE6-3C651D6B0A6F.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi guys, this is actually my
second time posting about this issue over a year later with the same beardie. She’s about a year and a half old, and when she was small i suspected she had tail rot but i was told it looks like she had just broken her tail when she was a baby and it was permanently bent. I took her to the vet when she was 1 year just to get checked up on and no concerns about her tail she was healthy. She recently was in brumation for about 3 weeks, and would wake up every now and then to bask and eat a little. Now she’s back to normal and eating daily and a normal amount, and just finished shedding. Today when i fed her i noticed her tail was super super thin at the very tip and fragile, and feels hard. I feel very stupid and idk how i could’ve missed this, but is this tail rot? View attachment 68339
@AHBD
@Drache613

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It does look like it but can you post a few more pics , this one is blurry. It may need to be amputated just above where the bad part ends.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
it does look like it from what the picture is but it is too messy and blurry. can you send better pitures to see if it really is tail rot and needs to be amputated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom