Tail Rot?

Hi guys, this is actually my
second time posting about this issue over a year later with the same beardie. She’s about a year and a half old, and when she was small i suspected she had tail rot but i was told it looks like she had just broken her tail when she was a baby and it was permanently bent. I took her to the vet when she was 1 year just to get checked up on and no concerns about her tail she was healthy. She recently was in brumation for about 3 weeks, and would wake up every now and then to bask and eat a little. Now she’s back to normal and eating daily and a normal amount, and just finished shedding. Today when i fed her i noticed her tail was super super thin at the very tip and fragile, and feels hard. I feel very stupid and idk how i could’ve missed this, but is this tail rot?
6946DFFE-95D2-42DA-BBE6-3C651D6B0A6F.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
Hi guys, this is actually my
second time posting about this issue over a year later with the same beardie. She’s about a year and a half old, and when she was small i suspected she had tail rot but i was told it looks like she had just broken her tail when she was a baby and it was permanently bent. I took her to the vet when she was 1 year just to get checked up on and no concerns about her tail she was healthy. She recently was in brumation for about 3 weeks, and would wake up every now and then to bask and eat a little. Now she’s back to normal and eating daily and a normal amount, and just finished shedding. Today when i fed her i noticed her tail was super super thin at the very tip and fragile, and feels hard. I feel very stupid and idk how i could’ve missed this, but is this tail rot? View attachment 68339
@AHBD
@Drache613

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It does look like it but can you post a few more pics , this one is blurry. It may need to be amputated just above where the bad part ends.

Hazel_AndWarrior_10

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female baby beardie and Warrior my male baby rescue
it does look like it from what the picture is but it is too messy and blurry. can you send better pitures to see if it really is tail rot and needs to be amputated

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

setting up a tank for a garter snake in a few months!!
Trying to finish setting up my beardie tank. Just gotta connect it to the power.
Okay lol so as I was told my baby was a boy when I rescued him hehe well I took him to my vet and was advised he is a she ! I was thinking of renaming her to Virgo from Toothless any suggestions for names 😊🥰
I am new and looking for a teen beardie. I have been doing a lot of research for about 2 years.
I'm new here but not new to dragons or snakes. Over the 7 years. I opened my heart and home to neglected. unwanted dras and snakes, some critical conditions. Then nursing them back to health and their final family home. I regularly help my reptiles vet with emergency appointments and I also provide the care in my little quenteen,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
summermcvey
Top Bottom