Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jules99

Hello everyone. I just noticed today that my beardie boy Bilbo’s tail looks darker at the bottom than usual. I’m not going to lie, I’m not entirely sure it’s always been like this. The last pics I have of his tail are from when he was shedding, and he did shed his tail recently. I’m not sure if it’s maybe stuck shed? But he’s been eating regularly, basking normally, pooping normally, his temps have been a stable 100 (he’s a juvie) and he doesn’t seem to be in any discomfort at all when you touch his tail. I ran my finger down his tail earlier and he just sat there while I did it. I’m really hoping it’s not stuck shed that’s causing tail rot, but I really have no idea. The last pic in his basking spot is from when he was shedding.

Attachments

• 6BE559EF-F683-4C35-BDE5-A6BA317BBF7F.jpeg
    6BE559EF-F683-4C35-BDE5-A6BA317BBF7F.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 1624AA27-85C8-4DAB-918E-698165417ADF.jpeg
    1624AA27-85C8-4DAB-918E-698165417ADF.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 98
  • B457F340-4245-4DB6-87D9-0C6563533B54.jpeg
    B457F340-4245-4DB6-87D9-0C6563533B54.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 103

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I see the wee bit of dark tip, most likely will be no problem at all. You can put a tiny bit of Neosporin or raw honey on if you like, if you use honey just be positive there are no insects loose/hiding in the tank. If the tail would get worse at some point you could schedule an appt. with a reptile vet. But there's really nothing there to worry about. :)

jules99

Original Poster
I see the wee bit of dark tip, most likely will be no problem at all. You can put a tiny bit of Neosporin or raw honey on if you like, if you use honey just be positive there are no insects loose/hiding in the tank. If the tail would get worse at some point you could schedule an appt. with a reptile vet. But there's really nothing there to worry about. :)
Thank you!! I got really worried when I saw that. He’s been perfectly healthy and active and I JUST noticed it. I couldn’t think of anything that could cause it until I remembered he finished his shed earlier this week. I’m gonna try your suggestion and keep an eye on it! Hopefully it gets better, or maybe that’s just how his tail has always looked and I never noticed for some reason 😂. I got him back in November and he’s gotten SO big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom