Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

Original Poster
Hi, I'm a new beardie owner. I got my dragon about two weeks ago. He is a baby. Today I noticed his tail is very dark and I'm worried it's tail rot. Full disclosure, the first few days I didn't have the proper UVB light. Is this tail rot or the start of shedding?

Attachments

• PXL_20220128_022800391.jpg
    PXL_20220128_022800391.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 138
  • PXL_20220128_022733040.jpg
    PXL_20220128_022733040.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 99

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, I'm a new beardie owner. I got my dragon about two weeks ago. He is a baby. Today I noticed his tail is very dark and I'm worried it's tail rot. Full disclosure, the first few days I didn't have the proper UVB light. Is this tail rot or the start of shedding?
Are there any nips bites or injuries on the end of the tail? That is where tail rot would start for the most part it looks like shed
What uvb did you replace w/ please

Kristina

Original Poster
Not that I can see. Nothing bent, nothing kinked, no visible cuts or wounds. I can't find the box for the new light. Previously I had been using a light for tropical reptiles, but I now have the uvb for desert reptiles I believe it's a 10.0. Here's a closer photo in different lighting.

Attachments

• PXL_20220128_023932753.jpg
    PXL_20220128_023932753.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 85

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not that I can see. Nothing bent, nothing kinked, no visible cuts or wounds. I can't find the box for the new light. Previously I had been using a light for tropical reptiles, but I now have the uvb for desert reptiles I believe it's a 10.0. Here's a closer photo in different lighting.
Ok I will have ahbd take a look at the tail your screen will determine the placement and distance of the uvb- please post a pic of the screen from the top so I can help you place the uvb
@AHBD

SPandS

Juvie Member
Are you only using 1 bulb? Is that the uvb or heat bulb in that dome? Your new beardie needs both heat and uvb. Also don't use either of those bulbs in that box behind the tank, the blue and red bulbs are both bad for your beardies eyes.

Kristina

Original Poster
Are you only using 1 bulb? Is that the uvb or heat bulb in that dome? Your new beardie needs both heat and uvb. Also don't use either of those bulbs in that box behind the tank, the blue and red bulbs are both bad for your beardies eyes

Are you only using 1 bulb? Is that the uvb or heat bulb in that dome? Your new beardie needs both heat and uvb. Also don't use either of those bulbs in that box behind the tank, the blue and red bulbs are both bad for your beardies eyes.
I don't use those bulbs. They were purchased and I realized they weren't right. I was using the UVB bulb and had a small heater on durring the day and used a ceramic heat bulb at night which was working well. I now have both a heating bulb and uvb on during the day and just the ceramic bulb at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom