Tail rot?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginjasnapz

Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Hi!!

I am a new bear die owner. I just got mine on January 8, less than a month ago. When I came home with my beardie we noticed the tip of its tail looked a little weird. Almost looks like it was bit. I am going to attach a pic. Can anyone with experience please share their thoughts on what it can be. I am petrified it is tail rot!!! My beardie is active and eating well. Also, the tail tip has not gotten any worse. Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• D139A39D-EB30-4DD1-AE94-922FF98CAEBF.jpeg
    D139A39D-EB30-4DD1-AE94-922FF98CAEBF.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 112

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi!!

I am a new bear die owner. I just got mine on January 8, less than a month ago. When I came home with my beardie we noticed the tip of its tail looked a little weird. Almost looks like it was bit. I am going to attach a pic. Can anyone with experience please share their thoughts on what it can be. I am petrified it is tail rot!!! My beardie is active and eating well. Also, the tail tip has not gotten any worse. Thanks!!!!
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That little bit may fall off but it's not necessarily tail rot. Just keep Neosporin on it and watch that it doesn't get infected.

Ginjasnapz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Thank you so much for the response!!!! I was reading somewhere to soak it in Betadine as well. Should I be doing that too?? Is there a special type of neosporin to buy or any type is fine??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! Betadine soaks can help , you can even just put some in a jar [ 1 part betadine to 10 parts water approximately ] and let his tail hang in it while you hold him. Non pain relief Neosporin is the kind you want.

Ginjasnapz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dexie
You're welcome ! Betadine soaks can help , you can even just put some in a jar [ 1 part betadine to 10 parts water approximately ] and let his tail hang in it while you hold him. Non pain relief Neosporin is the kind you want.
I really appreciate all your help!!! Thank you so much

Ginjasnapz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Tried the Betadine tail soak. My baby freaked out so that didn’t go over too well. I was able to put the Neosporin on. So I guess something is better than nothing. Lol

Ginjasnapz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Yes I’m hoping he/she is ok! I haven’t seen a change in that area on its tail in the 2 1/2 weeks since we brought him/ her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom