Tail rot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I would like to knwo if my bearded dragon has tail rot I just got him and he is 12week old. I’m really scared and I have been planning taking it to the vet but I want to make sure that it does have tail rot or not. Can anyone pls help and tell me what to do thanks!

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Please post a pic of the dragon and the issue
Hey it’s kinda darker I think ahhh
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It gets lighter on there the light and darker under the shed
Is there any kind of nip or pinch on the end of the tail maybe indentation ? I am going to have AHBD take a look at it but I am thinking its just shed but I want to make sure there is nothing else going on
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sometimes a crimped tail end will just stay the same, sometimes it will shrivel. Just keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse. The color is normal and can be attributed to shedding or mood.

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It looks like there are some small crimped/damaged areas, but I don't see signs of infection. It looks like the tail may shed soon based on the coloring. As long as the crimped areas don't appear to expand/spread, I don't think this will be a problem. Keep an eye on it for changes but I think it is OK for now.
image.jpg

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sometimes a crimped tail end will just stay the same, sometimes it will shrivel. Just keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse. The color is normal and can be attributed to shedding or mood.
Hey thanks! Can u look at this pls
image.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
There is some small kinks in the tail but that is generally due to poor genetics/bad breeding, or as the other members mentioned, possibly MBD. Aside from that the tail looks fine, it just looks like It will shed soon. I don’t see any signs of tail rot

If u realise the end is darker and more black
That’s just a mix of natural coloring (almost all beardies tail coloring is a gradually bit darker on the ends), mixed with pre-shed skin. It’s nothing to worry about :)

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
O
There is some small kinks in the tail but that is generally due to poor genetics/bad breeding, or as the other members mentioned, possibly MBD. Aside from that the tail looks fine, it just looks like It will shed soon. I don’t see any signs of tail rot

That’s just a mix of natural coloring (almost all beardies tail coloring is a gradually bit darker on the ends), mixed with pre-shed skin. It’s nothing to worry about :)
Omg thanks! And how do I know if he has MBD i dont think he does

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
O

Omg thanks! And how do I know if he has MBD i dont think he does
No problem! And it’s hard to tell without a vet diagnosis, but it doesn’t *look* like he has it, and if he does it’s very slight or in the beginning stages. I doubt he has it though, but again I’d check with a experienced and trained reptile vet about it if you’re concerned he has MBD. Like I said, the tail kinks are slight so it’s probably just genetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom