Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think it looks ok no black so that is good -- ok the 120 gallon is good for your UVB and the 14% bulb I would still put in the tank --- I had used the 14% in my Zen and had it strapped to the top of the screen in the middle of the tank - the pic I posted earlier is w/ the T 5 bulb now - I will post a pic of Blazes tank w/ the 14% bulb -- you can use this for hanging your fixture it works great I am using it now its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around your fixture -- use the bars running across the screen for your UVB -- GE 15 ft. Cable Ties, Hook and Loop Spool, Black-10375 - The Home Depot
Ok thanks! Your tank looks really nice! So this velcro looks really cool, it seems to hold up to the heat and UVB?

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks! Your tank looks really nice! So this velcro looks really cool, it seems to hold up to the heat and UVB?
I think it looks ok no black so that is good -- ok the 120 gallon is good for your UVB and the 14% bulb I would still put in the tank --- I had used the 14% in my Zen and had it strapped to the top of the screen in the middle of the tank - the pic I posted earlier is w/ the T 5 bulb now - I will post a pic of Blazes tank w/ the 14% bulb -- you can use this for hanging your fixture it works great I am using it now its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around your fixture -- use the bars running across the screen for your UVB -- GE 15 ft. Cable Ties, Hook and Loop Spool, Black-10375 - The Home Depot
Also, is it okay to finely chop up collards, he seems to like it finely chopped, just wondering if there is any reason not to finely chop vegetables?

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think I will return the one that I ordered and get the shorter lamp. In that case, do you recommend getting the 12%, people seem leery of the 14%?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I think I will return the one that I ordered and get the shorter lamp. In that case, do you recommend getting the 12%, people seem leery of the 14%?
They are both good bulbs the 14% is not recommended for tanks less than 24" tall it is up to you - you can use the 14% now and get the 24" fixture or swap both out- Pangaea is fast on shipping

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They are both good bulbs the 14% is not recommended for tanks less than 24" tall it is up to you - you can use the 14% now and get the 24" fixture or swap both out- Pangaea is fast on shipping
I was just wondering what you think about handling a relatively new bearded dragon? I have spent a lot of time around him in the past week and feeding him with those feeding tweezers. I haven’t really tried to pick him up because I feel like he doesn’t want me to yet, but I’m just wondering how I go about starting this process ,since I guess at some point I probably should give him a bath and things like that. What would be your advice?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I was just wondering what you think about handling a relatively new bearded dragon? I have spent a lot of time around him in the past week and feeding him with those feeding tweezers. I haven’t really tried to pick him up because I feel like he doesn’t want me to yet, but I’m just wondering how I go about starting this process ,since I guess at some point I probably should give him a bath and things like that. What would be your advice?
Getting your hands in the tank so he's used to you being in the tank approach from side and pick him up supporting all his legs- start hand feeding him no more tweezers you want him hand tamed- put a piece of your clothing or fleece blanket w/ your smell on it placed in his hide he will get used to your smell- hand feeding him will get him to learn to trust you this is very important

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Getting your hands in the tank so he's used to you being in the tank approach from side and pick him up supporting all his legs- start hand feeding him no more tweezers you want him hand tamed- put a piece of your clothing or fleece blanket w/ your smell on it placed in his hide he will get used to your smell- hand feeding him will get him to learn to trust you this is very important
He will eat out of my hand, and he let me pet him today which is really exciting! I just got some silkworms in and wanted to make sure that the food the silkworms eat is safe for the dragon. I wanted to double check about the hornworms' food too? I got the hornworms from Rainbow Mealworms and the silkworms from Reptilian arts.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He will eat out of my hand, and he let me pet him today which is really exciting! I just got some silkworms in and wanted to make sure that the food the silkworms eat is safe for the dragon. I wanted to double check about the hornworms' food too? I got the hornworms from Rainbow Mealworms and the silkworms from Reptilian arts.
The silkworms are fed a ground up mulberry leaves -- they are fine as w/ the hornworm food ---

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just want to be sure that’s what this is, It might be hard to tell but his one leg is grayer than his other legs, he’s a yellowish color usually

Attachments

• F5198213-A0CF-4076-AE60-C71BA7B5AC12.jpeg
    F5198213-A0CF-4076-AE60-C71BA7B5AC12.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Just want to be sure that’s what this is, It might be hard to tell but his one leg is grayer than his other legs, he’s a yellowish color usually
When they shed they will turn different colors gray darker sometimes black on the tail or dark brown opaque white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom