Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks! so you think he’ll be okay? He pooped this morning and three times yesterday. Thanks for all your help! Without this forum, I would be totally panicked and lost!

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok that happens feed a few at a time -- so it slows him down + gaping is good
He seemed fine the rest of the day, he was really trying to get me to feed him but I am going to wait until tomorrow and feed him one bsfl at a time. He did have one semi runny poop a couple hours after he vomited. I ordered a zoo med thermometer with a probe so I can be sure my temps are good. I think I might should increase the temps on his taller basking spot by 5 degrees. Should I get a second basking bulb or a higher watt one? I have a 150 watt one now. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He seemed fine the rest of the day, he was really trying to get me to feed him but I am going to wait until tomorrow and feed him one bsfl at a time. He did have one semi runny poop a couple hours after he vomited. I ordered a zoo med thermometer with a probe so I can be sure my temps are good. I think I might should increase the temps on his taller basking spot by 5 degrees. Should I get a second basking bulb or a higher watt one? I have a 150 watt one now. Thanks!
Not till you get the probe- you don't want to risk getting it too hot-

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok that’s a good idea to be certain first of what the temp is. I just hope I can figure all this out, I feel a little overwhelmed and discouraged. Thank goodness for you! I noticed you answer so many questions people have. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, he may have just eaten too fast or if the temp. was not hot enough that could be a factor. Make sure the tougher type of greens, like collards, are cut up pretty good. How big were the dubias, can you show a picture of one next to your dragon ? If they were too big that might have caused the vomiting.
His tail tip is probably going to fall off but I'm trying to see if it's indented about 2 inches up the tail ? Or does it just look like that where the color bands change. ?

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I agree, he may have just eaten too fast or if the temp. was not hot enough that could be a factor. Make sure the tougher type of greens, like collards, are cut up pretty good. How big were the dubias, can you show a picture of one next to your dragon ? If they were too big that might have caused the vomiting.
His tail tip is probably going to fall off but I'm trying to see if it's indented about 2 inches up the tail ? Or does it just look like that where the color bands change. ?
The roaches were definitely smaller than the space between his eyes. Today I just fed him 5 medium bsfl and a tiny bit of collards and I am going to see how that goes. I do think I might need to get my warm side of the tank a little warmer.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The roaches were definitely smaller than the space between his eyes. Today I just fed him 5 medium bsfl and a tiny bit of collards and I am going to see how that goes. I do think I might need to get my warm side of the tank a little warmer.
What is the temp? Are you talking about basking surface or ambient temp- if your basking area is 105-110 the ambient temp should be in the 90's - ambient temp can be a stick on but basking surface should be taken w/ a digital probe

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What is the temp? Are you talking about basking surface or ambient temp- if your basking area is 105-110 the ambient temp should be in the 90's - ambient temp can be a stick on but basking surface should be taken w/ a digital probe
Yes the ambient temp is 86 so I went and got a little tiny 50 white heat lamp with a dimmer and I’m just have that dimmed pretty low to see if I can just get that temperature up to 90° on that side do you think that’s a good idea

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I ordered a digital probe thermometer that should be here it says on Sunday. I went up to Petsmart this morning also but they didn’t have one so I’m hoping that my infrared gun temperatures are pretty accurate but I do think that the ambient temperature was a little bit to cool so I’m hoping that’s going to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom