Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone. I haven’t posted in a while but I’m back with a new installment of “what’s wrong with ziggy now”? I just gave Ziggy a bath for her shed and I noticed her tail looks pretty dark. Could this be the start of tail rot? Im really nervous haha?. She has been eating and acting normal though and she did just move into her new 75 gallon tank. She also has no tail injuries and is shedding the top part of her tail for reference
108349-2779068076.jpg

Hmm,you said you just moved Ziggy into a new enclosure ? It could be stress related their tails can darken just like their beards, but if you have any suspicion to tail rot I advise taking her in for a quick check up As tail rot is uncomfortable and I doubt anyone wants their baby uncomfortable

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SlaveToToothless":3dpojdko said:
Hmm,you said you just moved Ziggy into a new enclosure ? It could be stress related their tails can darken just like their beards, but if you have any suspicion to tail rot I advise taking her in for a quick check up As tail rot is uncomfortable and I doubt anyone wants their baby uncomfortable
Yeah she moved into her new tank about a week ago now and seems to really love it which is great and idk if this is how tail rot works but when I touch it it doesn’t seem to bother her at all so idk haha! She always throws me for a loop??‍♀️

Haha it could be one of those weird dragon things but if it’s worrying you u a vet trip might help ease your mind xD dragons are weird little creatures

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SlaveToToothless":1ni7uz5y said:
Haha it could be one of those weird dragon things but if it’s worrying you u a vet trip might help ease your mind xD dragons are weird little creatures
They are so weird lol! I'll probably take her if I get too anxious about it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom