Tail rot ? Self treatment ?

Sapphirebeardie04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sapphire
i'm no pro, but if it was my dragon, i would take the bandage off. the rest of the things you are doing sound more than appropriate based on what i have seen others talk about on here. the bandage makes me worry about little bits being eaten, and also bacteria growing under it. i think treatment and then being in the ambient air would be better. anyone else agree/disagree???
How many times should do the betadine process a day?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Update: ‼️‼️I found my beardie this morning with the black tip gone seems that that it fell off during night time. So I wanna head and did the betadine process and Neosporin and placed A tiny bandage. I am keeping a close eye on it to see if it further travels up to tail. I will repeat the process tomorrow.
I would get some raw unpasteurized honey on it -- please leave no crickets in the tank if your feeding them - the honey is going to prevent infection and promote healing - let it scab over - and watch for black - if it gets black that would be a sign of infection

Sapphirebeardie04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sapphire
I would get some raw unpasteurized honey on it -- please leave no crickets in the tank if your feeding them - the honey is going to prevent infection and promote healing - let it scab over - and watch for black - if it gets black that would be a sign of infection
How long can a 2 month beardie sleep on me for? It had 12 small crickets along with watered kale. It’s basking since he last feeding

Sapphirebeardie04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sapphire
I leave mine out for 2 hrs then back in the tank-- he needs 2-3 hrs before lights out
This a first lol I’ve heard many call is “sexy legs”? Is this correct or should be worried?

Attachments

• 3E503CB0-34F9-448D-AC9A-68B40D836BCE.jpeg
    3E503CB0-34F9-448D-AC9A-68B40D836BCE.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 71

Sapphirebeardie04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sapphire
I’ve purchased an dehumidifier and can’t seem To drop it below 50 in the day however in the night it does drop down to 35%. Any suggestions?
Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’ve purchased an dehumidifier and can’t seem To drop it below 50 in the day however in the night it does drop down to 35%. Any suggestions?
Thank you
Ok that's a first- usually humidity goes up at night and down during the day- where is the hygrometer? And are you using a digital or a analog?

Sapphirebeardie04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sapphire
Ok that's a first- usually humidity goes up at night and down during the day- where is the hygrometer? And are you using a digital or a analog?
I currently have an analog. It’s currently reading 45% humidity. I’m really leaning towards a digital one. Whats your opinion?
Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I currently have an analog. It’s currently reading 45% humidity. I’m really leaning towards a digital one. Whats your opinion?
Thank you
I would get a digital one- pangeareptiles has them along w/ dubiaroaches.com as well- I use a Zoo med digital probe hygrometer-

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is the tail looking? I don't think it is anything serious,
since it isn't infected or anything. A lot of dragons lose tips
of their tails, or more sometimes.
You can continue to put ointment on the area to keep it moist
if needed. Otherwise just keep an eye it to be sure no infection
develops.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How often should I feed my baby beardie crickets / meal worm covered in calcium?
Thank you
Please no meal worms for babies the exoskeleton is too harsh on their stomachs- they should have calcium D3 5 x per week lightly coated ONCE per feeding on the main staple feeder- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated ONCE per feeding -- once they turn a year old that is going to change

Sapphirebeardie04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sapphire
Hello,

How is the tail looking? I don't think it is anything serious,
since it isn't infected or anything. A lot of dragons lose tips
of their tails, or more sometimes.
You can continue to put ointment on the area to keep it moist
if needed. Otherwise just keep an eye it to be sure no infection
develops.

Tracie
Please no meal worms for babies the exoskeleton is too harsh on their stomachs- they should have calcium D3 5 x per week lightly coated ONCE per feeding on the main staple feeder- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated ONCE per feeding -- once they turn a year old that is going to change
Thought I would share this pic 🤣 and tail seem to healed up nicely, no more blacking. I noticed it’s already shedding, the people at the petsmart didn’t know the age nor the gender unfortunately smh. Anybody able to give an idea of the age based off the size?
Thank you

Attachments

• 349CD7FD-1E17-4FFF-AADB-1B1D16141B5C.jpeg
    349CD7FD-1E17-4FFF-AADB-1B1D16141B5C.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 8D363B4F-B08B-4CB2-947A-3644E973004D.jpeg
    8D363B4F-B08B-4CB2-947A-3644E973004D.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 63

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thought I would share this pic 🤣 and tail seem to healed up nicely, no more blacking. I noticed it’s already shedding, the people at the petsmart didn’t know the age nor the gender unfortunately smh. Anybody able to give an idea of the age based off the size?
Thank you
Love the splits --- AHBD would be able to answer more than I --
@AHBD

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom