Tail rot or not?

emmybeth72

Beardie name(s)
Mazzie
Our beardie Mazzie's tail gets darker at the end of her tail. She is sheading her tail skin right now. The tip seems very dark. No injury that I know of. We have had her for about 2 months. I am concerned that her tail is darker at the end.
20220729_131539.jpg
20220729_131441.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Our beardie Mazzie's tail gets darker at the end of her tail. She is sheading her tail skin right now. The tip seems very dark. No injury that I know of. We have had her for about 2 months. I am concerned that her tail is darker at the end. View attachment 72362 View attachment 72363
Her tail is fine - tail rot is caused by nips bites or pinches- I don't see any of that - different color is shed-

emmybeth72

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mazzie
Thank you for the reply. I am doing my best to take care of this baby. My 18 year old daughter bought her a few months ago and she is too busy to care for her. I've been doing a lot of research the past few months. There is a lot to know. I'm so glad you think her tail looks normal!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree it's fine. Tails can get much darker than that too but it's still always good to ask here even though the great majority of the time it's normal..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please make sure your using a long tube fixture for a uvb no coils please-- and a solid clear bright white basking bulb - no colored bulbs please no off white or yellowish if you need help w/ anything please ask

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
This forum has great members, ask about anything you have questions about. Someone here can help with most anything you could run into. It's always better to ask than to guess :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom