Tail rot or am I paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Does this look like the beginnings of tail rot or the normal color gradient of my guys tail? The base if his tail is starting to look a bit waxy so he may be starting another shed as well. He seems to be moving it fine and I did lightly touch it and he didn't react. Thanks so much for any input!
Mel

Attachments

• 20211113_085256.jpg
    20211113_085256.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 167
  • 20211113_091412.jpg
    20211113_091412.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 131

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
Darkening of the tail frequently signals oncoming shed. I can't tell from the photo what's going on with the very tip of the tail though.

Drakodragon8

Original Poster
Darkening of the tail frequently signals oncoming shed. I can't tell from the photo what's going on with the very tip of the tail though.
Hi, that's the part I'm worried about, the very tip. I can't tell if it's just normal coloring or something worse. Should I do a betadyne soak just to be safe?

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
@AHBD, could you take a look at the very tip of this beardie's tail in the photo? I can't tell from the photo if that's the start of tail rot and wanted to get a second opinion.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The very end of the tail looks dark but not damaged. If that's the case, it's probably OK, but I would keep an eye on it and take photos regularly so you can compare over time. If you start to see damage or crimped looking sections moving up the tail, then it may indicate a problem. I don't see signs of that in your photos so far.

Drakodragon8

Original Poster
The very end of the tail looks dark but not damaged. If that's the case, it's probably OK, but I would keep an eye on it and take photos regularly so you can compare over time. If you start to see damage or crimped looking sections moving up the tail, then it may indicate a problem. I don't see signs of that in your photos so far.
Hi,
The end doesn't look damaged so far but I will take daily pics to compare. Do you think I should do anything to it like iodine or neosporin or just leave it alone? I will attach a pic of what it looks like today. The base of his tail is starting to shed. Thanks so much!
Mel

Attachments

• 20211115_113926.jpg
    20211115_113926.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 81

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd probably leave it alone for now. I don't see anything in the latest photo that warrants action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom