Tail rot?? Missing scales??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastryyPuff

I’ve noticed on my Sammie that he appears to have a dent in his tail and I’ve looked at it and there seems to be scales that are either missing or not formed. I’ve tried to look up pictures of tail rot but there’s so many it’s hard to tell what it looks like. Can anyone tell if this is tail rot?
99937-6168062254.jpg
99937-6801255867.jpg
99937-522208144.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko

PastryyPuff

Original Poster
AHBD":16bwq2n3 said:

The only thing I can think of was during his last shed about 2 weeks ago he got it stuck on the end of his tail and I tried soaking and all kinda of stuff and gently rubbing in the bath and it wasn’t working. It was just getting tighter on his tail so I had to pull it off myself. I’ve read that peeling shed can cause malformed new scales. Could that be what it is? Maybe I pulled off his scale with his shed? I kinda panicked cause I didn’t want it to tighten too much and cut off circulation.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it definitely isn't tail rot. The scales look a bit damaged but they should eventually
heal up. You could put some aloe vera gel on that area, daily to help expedite healing of
the scales.
They do heal up slowly though, so it may take some time for it to get back to normal.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom