Tail issues!!

Ellwie

Original Poster
My bearded dragon that is a dwarf just came out from her winter sleep and I noticed that her ass was sagging, at first I thought it was poop stuck in there so I gave her a bath and she took a **** but it’s still sagging. Idk if it looks like that cuz she’s skinny cuz she haven’t eaten in a while cuz of her winter sleep or whatever it’s called but I’m worried something is wrong with her and I don’t know what to do and I’m scared something might be sick. I posted pictures in a different post

Ellwie

Original Poster
CA43EB53-43BB-439B-B028-C0C41C2BBD50.jpeg
4F11F69E-44DF-44D4-B108-D9D0B2CB7F34.jpeg

Ellwie

Original Poster
We need ahbd to look and she looks like she's lost a lot of weight- please get some water in her I need ahbd to advice on feeding her
@AHBD
She lost a lot of weight cuz she went into a deep sleep for a long time (idk what it’s called in English tbh) so she haven’t eaten at all for a while and she just woke up today and I noticed her tail looking like that, she have never been this skinny before but like I said it’s cuz of her deep sleep and she have it very easy to gain weight so I’m sure the weight will be back in no time and her appetite is and have always been very big, I’m just worried about the tail cuz it have never looked like that before and it’s worrying me

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She lost a lot of weight cuz she went into a deep sleep for a long time (idk what it’s called in English tbh) so she haven’t eaten at all for a while and she just woke up today and I noticed her tail looking like that, she have never been this skinny before but like I said it’s cuz of her deep sleep and she have it very easy to gain weight so I’m sure the weight will be back in no time and her appetite is and have always been very big, I’m just worried about the tail cuz it have never looked like that before and it’s worrying me
Its called brumation -- they need to be taken out of the tank and offered water during this time- about every 2 weeks and weighed - they can lose weight during this time but it should not be a lot- or they can sustain it- how much did she weigh going into brumation and how long was she down for? I need ahbd to take a look at her and get her input on her condition -- in the mean time please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them-- digital probe thermometers are the most accurate -- UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture? and how old is the bulb and where is it placed in the tank?

Ellwie

Original Poster
Its called brumation -- they need to be taken out of the tank and offered water during this time- about every 2 weeks and weighed - they can lose weight during this time but it should not be a lot- or they can sustain it- how much did she weigh going into brumation and how long was she down for? I need ahbd to take a look at her and get her input on her condition -- in the mean time please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them-- digital probe thermometers are the most accurate -- UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture? and how old is the bulb and where is it placed in the tank?
She have been sleeping for two months mabye a little more and she always dose this during winter and I have been told to let her sleep it out but she was sleeping for way longer this time and I think that’s why she lost so much weight cuz she have always been kinda fat. Her temperature and all that is fine. I have one lamp that’s the sun that gives out heat, I have a heat mat under the sand and I have long uvb light but they are super high up so I had to get one of those lights that you have hanging with a light bulb in it. The light bulbs are fine, they have been switched a few months back but I didn’t switch it to something new, I have the same thing as I have always had that has been working fine for all the years I have had her

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She have been sleeping for two months mabye a little more and she always dose this during winter and I have been told to let her sleep it out but she was sleeping for way longer this time and I think that’s why she lost so much weight cuz she have always been kinda fat. Her temperature and all that is fine. I have one lamp that’s the sun that gives out heat, I have a heat mat under the sand and I have long uvb light but they are super high up so I had to get one of those lights that you have hanging with a light bulb in it. The light bulbs are fine, they have been switched a few months back but I didn’t switch it to something new, I have the same thing as I have always had that has been working fine for all the years I have had her
Please tell me what your using for a UVB and the heat bulb is sun? I have never heard of this --- something is off for her to be this underweight and sleeping longer than usual --- has she been tested for parasites? They will cause weight loss--- heat mats are not any good dragons heat from their backs not stomachs and sand is a impaction risk and now that you said that I am thinking that is what is causing the issue w/ the vent-- she could be impacted ---

Ellwie

Original Poster
Please tell me what your using for a UVB and the heat bulb is sun? I have never heard of this --- something is off for her to be this underweight and sleeping longer than usual --- has she been tested for parasites? They will cause weight loss--- heat mats are not any good dragons heat from their backs not stomachs and sand is a impaction risk and now that you said that I am thinking that is what is causing the issue w/ the vent-- she could be impacted --
That’s how the laps are placed I did change the heat lamp a year ago cuz it was to low making is way to hot for her to lay on the rocks. Those are the two lamps I’m using in them, I got the recommended from the place who are breading lizard where I got her from and I haven’t had any issues before during the six years I have had lizards for but if you see anything wrong with the lamps or how they are placed please let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 55

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That’s how the laps are placed I did change the heat lamp a year ago cuz it was to low making is way to hot for her to lay on the rocks. Those are the two lamps I’m using in them, I got the recommended from the place who are breading lizard where I got her from and I haven’t had any issues before during the six years I have had lizards for but if you see anything wrong with the lamps or how they are placed please let me know.
The solar glo is supposed to be good but have had some issues w/ them here in the past couple of months- eye issues so far - what kind of uvb fixture? Did you say you have a long tube fixture--- mvb's are good for heat but not so much uvb- we always recommend another uvb for back up- as long as your getting good surface basking temps and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer your good - it's the uvb we need to fix - let me know so I can help you- we want her eating and getting back to health-

Ellwie

Original Poster
The solar glo is supposed to be good but have had some issues w/ them here in the past couple of months- eye issues so far - what kind of uvb fixture? Did you say you have a long tube fixture--- mvb's are good for heat but not so much uvb- we always recommend another uvb for back up- as long as your getting good surface basking temps and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer your good - it's the uvb we need to fix - let me know so I can help you- we want her eating and getting back to health-

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sometimes a Rankin's dragon is also called a dwarf. At 30 cm she is and adult Rankin's, a dwarf.
She might be fine after she gets hydrated and will poo more easily. Just offer her water and maybe smoothies that have a lot of water in them. Can you post a picture of her whole set up ? Is she acting O.K ?

Ellwie

Original Poster
Hi there, sometimes a Rankin's dragon is also called a dwarf. At 30 cm she is and adult Rankin's, a dwarf.
She might be fine after she gets hydrated and will poo more easily. Just offer her water and maybe smoothies that have a lot of water in them. Can you post a picture of her whole set up ? Is she acting O.K ?

Ellwie

Original Poster
i looked it up just now and yes they are called that in english. Also shes acting almost like usual, a little tired but she did run to the food like she always dose, she did eat salad and a dried cricket. im gonna get her some crickets tommorrow cuz the store was closed today, should i get her some worms to?? i have heard they arent always super good for them but im thinking cuz shes so skinny now she might need something more than just diffrent sallads and crickets. the types of worms i could over here mealworms and zophobas, are any of them good??. thats her setup, the lights are turned of becuse its late where i live
1676228862370.jpg

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom