tail issue.

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
we got 2 more beardies recently and just now noticed their tails. anyone know what this is and how to solve it? we believe they came like this. my baby girl (with no photos of her tail.) looks like shes missing a scale/small and dark on her tail. also she looks like she has oddly small and black scales on her beard.

Attachments

• IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 60

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a pretty dragon ! Were these 2 new dragons from a store or a breeder ? The nicks on the tail might have been bites from when they were a baby kept with others . The tip may fall off but the other area higher up looks O.K, just keep an eye on it.

I don't know what you're describing about the beard, you'll have to post pics.

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
t
That's a pretty dragon ! Were these 2 new dragons from a store or a breeder ? The nicks on the tail might have been bites from when they were a baby kept with others . The tip may fall off but the other area higher up looks O.K, just keep an eye on it.

I don't know what you're describing about the beard, you'll have to post pics.
Thank you! hes pretty but a troublemaker. I thought the same thing about the tail. they're from a breeder but as more problems pop up with only having them for a week we believe that the breeder may have sold them for cheap due to these. ill get pics of the beard soon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The tail looks like a bite to me as well. If it still has good blood flow it will probably always just be that way, if it don't have good blood flow it will probably dry up and come off, if that happens make sure to keep it cleaned and to soak in betadine or use neosporen (without pain relievers in it) until it heals.
That is a gorgeous dragon btw.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom