Tail darkening and tight looking

LumpySpacePrincess

Beardie name(s)
Aries
We've had our beardie, Aries, since November of 2022. We were told that he was 3 months when we adopted him. He was originally for my son but ended up being my buddy. I recently noticed, (2 days ago) that his tail seems to look a bit darker than the rest of him and the scales on it look 'tight'. (For lack of a better word). He can move and curl it and seems to show no discomfort when touched. He recently went through some shedding and I am unsure if it's shed that is stuck or if it's something else. He isn't acting weird and has a healthy appetite. I gave him a good soak yesterday but the scales do not look like they are loosening up or lightening up. The difference starts a little after the base of his tail and all way down to the tip. (Please see attached close-up picture) There are no nips or signs of injury and he doesn't share his enclosure with any others.

I've done some research and he has an adequate enclosure, lighting, heat, and nutrition. (100-gallon tank for now, UVB light that runs the length of the enclosure, a 75W* (I believe) basking bulb, paper towel substrate, a hide, some branches, a basking rock, etc. ) For food, he receives a variety of fruits and veggies, crickets, and a variety of worms. I also dust his food with calcium and vitamins.

Please help, I am a bit worried due to google telling me he's dying!!

Attachments

• beardie.jpg
    beardie.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 61

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The tail usually sheds at a different rate than the body, also it get considerably darker especially the tip, than the rest if the body (on most dragons 🐉)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom