Tail caught in viv door

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottTheDragon

Hey everyone, earlier today my beardie, Scott’s tail got stuck in his viv door. It looks like it’s a pretty deep gauge, some of his scales came off, but there was no blood. At first it was white under the scales but now it’s starting to look a little more red/pink. Does it sound like it’s getting infected? What can I use to disinfect it? Thanks for the help in advance!

Attachments

• 582D49DC-B98A-4B2A-A58A-F453FD677F93.jpeg
    582D49DC-B98A-4B2A-A58A-F453FD677F93.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 110
  • E0DF336E-750B-4438-B708-6E9CCCB279EB.jpeg
    E0DF336E-750B-4438-B708-6E9CCCB279EB.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 82

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey everyone, earlier today my beardie, Scott’s tail got stuck in his viv door. It looks like it’s a pretty deep gauge, some of his scales came off, but there was no blood. At first it was white under the scales but now it’s starting to look a little more red/pink. Does it sound like it’s getting infected? What can I use to disinfect it? Thanks for the help in advance!
It doesn't look broke but scraped- get some unpasteurized honey on it that will stop infection and keep an eye on it for it turning black -- NO crickets in the tank gonna have another person on here take a looksie
@AHBD

ScottTheDragon

Original Poster
It doesn't look broke but scraped- get some unpasteurized honey on it that will stop infection and keep an eye on it for it turning black -- NO crickets in the tank gonna have another person on here take a looksie
@AHBD
I read that you could also use neosporin without pain relief, would you recommend that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom