Tail bruise?

Brios

Beardie name(s)
Thor
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could ask for input on this image of my Thor's tail. I noticed purplish marks beginning to appear. There has not been trauma to the tail so I'm worried about why his scales look like this. Can you please share thoughts? Thank you 🙏

Attachments

• 20220715_214224.jpg
    20220715_214224.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 126

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
I'm not expert on bruising but that looks more like staining to me. You feed any red fruits like strawberry or watermelon? I'm not certain but I'm fairly sure scales can't show bruising, a bruise would be located under the scales on the soft tissue.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Have you tried to give him a warm soak? If you have a soft toothbrush you can try to gently scrub it off.

Brios

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thor
First, thank you for everyone's input. I appreciate your time. So, Thor hasn't eaten fruit and he has been soaking. These are definitely not stains from food or enclosure carpet or anything like that. They won't come off and they're spreading. I really wish it was just a stain and that would be the end of the problem but sadly it's not.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
ok, just checking. sir henry has scales that look exactly like that when he decides to run through his salad and it has fruit in it. hopefully you get it figured out and it is nothing serious.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could ask for input on this image of my Thor's tail. I noticed purplish marks beginning to appear. There has not been trauma to the tail so I'm worried about why his scales look like this. Can you please share thoughts? Thank you 🙏
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My guess would have been fruit stain as well. Not sure what else it could be or if bruising occurs like that, I've never seen it myself or in any pictures anywhere. Can you post pics of the enclosure ?

Brios

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thor
My guess would have been fruit stain as well. Not sure what else it could be or if bruising occurs like that, I've never seen it myself or in any pictures anywhere. Can you post pics of the enclosure ?

Attachments

• 20220716_130727.jpg
    20220716_130727.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 72

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thanks....nothing suspicious there. I don't have any ideas, if it weren't a stain I wonder if some type of trauma, although unobserved, could cause hemorrhaging under the scales.

Brios

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thor
Thanks....nothing suspicious there. I don't have any ideas, if it weren't a stain I wonder if some type of trauma, although unobserved, could cause hemorrhaging under the scales.
I took him to get bloodwork and hope to get results soon. Thanks 😊

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know when the blood test comes in & we can take a look at it for you.
Can he hold his tail up or does it seem to hurt him? Overall the tail looks healthy so it definitely
isn't tail rot. As AHBD stated, it could be possible bruising from trauma or injury....

Tracie

Brios

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thor
Hello,

Let us know when the blood test comes in & we can take a look at it for you.
Can he hold his tail up or does it seem to hurt him? Overall the tail looks healthy so it definitely
isn't tail rot. As AHBD stated, it could be possible bruising from trauma or injury....

Tracie
I sure will share. I hope to get them soon! Thank you!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom