Taco may have ADV

TacoinFL

Beardie name(s)
Taco
Hey all,

Something that I find people come to our site in search of (especially first-timers) is information about some of the more reputable bearded dragon breeders, and especially ones that may be local to them. I can see this in metrics about search terms people use when they come to the site.

Sadly, they have to dig through tons of posts to find out information that may help them. I am thinking I would like to reach out to other community to gather positive personal experiences, and put together an article on some of the more popular ones among our community.

If you have a breeder that you've had a good experience with, please reply with the following (as much as you know):
- Name of breeder
- URL Link
- When you last got a dragon from them (how much time has passed can provide context sometimes)
- Location (State, City if you know)
- Best 1-2 things you liked about them
- Any cons to be aware of

I'd like to mostly focus on the positives (ones we like), but including cons at least provides a fair view for people to be aware of.

I can then work on pulling things together and find some commonality for a good resource for visitors to use.

Thanks,
-Alex
I'm one of the sifters. I thought I did enough research and it's looking like Taco may have ADV?? I'm looking for the post I saw regarding affordable testing. I took him to the vet as soon we got him at 4 months (I think one of my other posts was incorrect I said 5) and he had lot's of coccidia, treated that w/ f/u poop sample, 2nd one showed giardiasis, now he has pinworms! He's 8 months now. I'm pretty sure he's never had regular poop or maybe directly after the treatment for a day or two, yet he's not losing weight. He's cleaned up right after, sterilized and bathed. I showed my 15 year old daughter how to make sure not to re-infect anything (it's her dragon). I feel SO bad bc we got Taco for her for getting straight A's and all she does is clean up poop and bathe him. If he tests positive, then what? We can't keep taking care of him like this, but we love him-such crap-literally and figuratively! It's mentally, physically, and financially draining.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I'm one of the sifters. I thought I did enough research and it's looking like Taco may have ADV?? I'm looking for the post I saw regarding affordable testing. I took him to the vet as soon we got him at 4 months (I think one of my other posts was incorrect I said 5) and he had lot's of coccidia, treated that w/ f/u poop sample, 2nd one showed giardiasis, now he has pinworms! He's 8 months now. I'm pretty sure he's never had regular poop or maybe directly after the treatment for a day or two, yet he's not losing weight. He's cleaned up right after, sterilized and bathed. I showed my 15 year old daughter how to make sure not to re-infect anything (it's her dragon). I feel SO bad bc we got Taco for her for getting straight A's and all she does is clean up poop and bathe him. If he tests positive, then what? We can't keep taking care of him like this, but we love him-such crap-literally and figuratively! It's mentally, physically, and financially draining.
@Drache613 does the testing but here is the link The Pats

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think you are Jonathan? I received your email & address. I emailed you back & will be
mailing your swab & form out to you on wednesday for you.
How is your boy doing?

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom