T5 HO from Amazon

FatalTrip

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Julian
Please plug the fixture into another plug in in the house --- are you plugging it into a strip or just a regular plug in - ?
No, the hood did not work anywhere i brought it in store to test and it turns out the hood was broken, so great recommendations all in all, ill probably have to get two arcadias and use those if zoo med keeps being so unreliable.

FatalTrip

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Julian
Why did it work in the store but not your house?
they only looked for breaks in the bulb and did not turn it on, but I brought that in and they showed me the bulb worked but the hood did not, i have the hood on a timer if that matters.
EDIT: I also bought another of the same hoods and am awaiting replacement from manufacturer and amazon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
they only looked for breaks in the bulb and did not turn it on, but I brought that in and they showed me the bulb worked but the hood did not, i have the hood on a timer if that matters.
EDIT: I also bought another of the same hoods and am awaiting replacement from manufacturer and amazon.
So do you have a working hood now then? And I dont know why it would not work on a timer - it seems they do it has been a while since I used a timer but it seems mine worked

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The problem is the ballast in the hoods, they are not physically broken, the ballast just don't function correctly. Even though they produce uvb they are still in essence a fluorescent bulb and prone to the same failures as any fluorescent light and fixure. ..... I'm sure everyone has been at work or at church or wherever and there was that one friggen light that buzzed and flickered or maybe kept going out, .... ballast 😁

FatalTrip

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Julian
The problem is the ballast in the hoods, they are not physically broken, the ballast just don't function correctly. Even though they produce uvb they are still in essence a fluorescent bulb and prone to the same failures as any fluorescent light and fixure. ..... I'm sure everyone has been at work or at church or wherever and there was that one friggen light that buzzed and flickered or maybe kept going out, .... ballast 😁
Gonna try to get someone to repair, but @KarrieRee I did get the hood at a store so now we have a working one and will have 3 all together, my girlfriends dad has needed one for their sulcata tortoise.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Gonna try to get someone to repair, but @KarrieRee I did get the hood at a store so now we have a working one and will have 3 all together, my girlfriends dad has needed one for their sulcata tortoise.
Where do you have the UVB? Top of screen or inside the tank? Your screen is going to determine placement and distance

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
That’s what I’m saying. I agree with Karrie try different outlet. Maybe the circuit in your home. That’s not normal. May be an electrical issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom