Swollen, watery, crusty eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rony

I’ve recently brought my beardie (he’s 2 years old) to the vet for the same symptoms (swollen, watery eyes) and just when the treatment was done, it came back (he, for some reason, also started having less energy and his appetite decreased significantly). The vet said I just needed to do some adjustments in his diet, which I did, and everything seemed to go just fine until it came back again. The thing is, the swollen & watery eyes only occur when he’s cold and not under the heat lamp. He recently shed the skin around his eyes, but this was happening before that. The vet got a blood test done and he also told me there was something wrong with his liver (which got sorted out too). I’ve also noticed when taking him out at the sun he perks up and his eyes deflate too. Do you have any idea why they’re only crusty, swollen and watery when he’s cold?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a feeling its his lighting in his tank --- what kind of UVB are you using and what are his basking temps and how are you taking them??? infrared heat gun stick ons or digtial probe --- please post a pic of him and his tank and lighting https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on the pic
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post some pictures of your boy for us, so we can see just how bad his eyes are.
It is most likely his lighting, but post pictures of his tank setup also for us.
You can use some sterile saline solution daily to help wash his eyes out. Do they look
infected at all?

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Rony

Original Poster
claudiusx":2duzsw5u said:
Hi Rony,

Any update for us?

-Brandon
Yes, definitely. Sorry for my inactivity. I texted the vet and he told me I had to increase the temperatures in the room where he’s at, and once I did, the swell calmed down as well as the crusty & watery eyes. He’s now starting to eat. Yesterday I checked the temps, humidity & lighting with the vet and everything seems to be back on track. If something goes out of the usual, I’ll update you on it. Thank you for your attention.

Rony

Original Poster
Drache613":38uch58s said:
Hello,

Can you post some pictures of your boy for us, so we can see just how bad his eyes are.
It is most likely his lighting, but post pictures of his tank setup also for us.
You can use some sterile saline solution daily to help wash his eyes out. Do they look
infected at all?

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

He’s doing much better now. I texted the vet about it. He told me I just had to increate the temperature in the room he’s at, and it seems to be working (his eyes are significantly less swollen, crusty & watery). I checked the lighting, humidity & temps with the vet and everything seems to be back on track. If anything goes out of the usual, I’ll let you know about it. Thank you for your help & attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom