Swollen leg & lethargic

XIkyotoQueenx

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dro
Hello,

Dro has been just in his basking spot sleeping, his back legs are swolen and sometimes he shakes i don't know whats wrong..

A few weeks ago he was bitten by my cat, since then the area around his puncture is healed and he was acting normal, and i read that he may be going into a shedding but i want to make sure nothing else is going on...pictures a
Beardie 1.jpeg
Beardie 2.jpeg
Beardie 3.jpeg
Beardie 4.jpeg
Beardie 5.jpeg
Beardie 6.jpeg
ttached

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,

Dro has been just in his basking spot sleeping, his back legs are swolen and sometimes he shakes i don't know whats wrong..

A few weeks ago he was bitten by my cat, since then the area around his puncture is healed and he was acting normal, and i read that he may be going into a shedding but i want to make sure nothing else is going on...pictures a View attachment 81010 View attachment 81011 View attachment 81012 View attachment 81013 View attachment 81014 View attachment 81015 ttached
Where did the cat bite him? Did you put some raw unfiltered honey on the wound- lethargic and shaking sounds like mbd- what kind of uvb are you using? Coil?

XIkyotoQueenx

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dro
Where did the cat bite him? Did you put some raw unfiltered honey on the wound- lethargic and shaking sounds like mbd- what kind of uvb are you using? Coil?
See that’s what I was worried about. This is the uvb I’m using but I think it’s too far away. Worried I’m seeing starting symptoms of mbd
Enclosure is a 46x18widex18high
Yes honey and also vetricyn, an anti microbial and it cleans wounds and prevents infection
8580A60F-AEAD-4644-8CD5-28B7CC302544.jpeg

Attachments

• 2F99282D-05EC-4B06-A932-9A90594706EC.jpeg
    2F99282D-05EC-4B06-A932-9A90594706EC.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 43
  • B945B777-9827-4757-9A06-53462FAB84B6.jpeg
    B945B777-9827-4757-9A06-53462FAB84B6.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very happy to see that the puncture wound healed. If he has made it this long, after a
cat bite then it likely didn't cause any lung puncture damage. It doesn't appear that there is
any infection but cat bites can cause a myriad of issues.
However, it looks like he is going into a shed, in a number of areas.
The feet & ankles appear a bit swollen but that is somewhat common prior to sheds. Please
keep a close eye on the swelling to be sure that it doesn't get any worse. I don't want to see
gout develop for whatever reason.
Is he eating & basking normally?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of your screen-- screens block 30% of the rays so if it's a fine mesh it will need to go inside- distance and placement is determined by the screen

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom