Swollen & gray lower legs

HampusDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hampus
Hi there,
Does this look like gout? I noticed this a few days ago and hoped it was pre-shed but now I am learning that gout is a possibility! Hampus gets salad every day and a 4-6 roaches or BSFL every other day usually. He also enjoys the Buffet Blend pellets from Flukers but still no more than 4-6 every few days - alternating with live insects. He wasn't eating greens very much for a while, but he is enjoying them again. This is happening on all 4 legs. Thank you!
IMG-5481_edited.jpg
IMG-5482_edited.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi there,
Does this look like gout? I noticed this a few days ago and hoped it was pre-shed but now I am learning that gout is a possibility! Hampus gets salad every day and a 4-6 roaches or BSFL every other day usually. He also enjoys the Buffet Blend pellets from Flukers but still no more than 4-6 every few days - alternating with live insects. He wasn't eating greens very much for a while, but he is enjoying them again. This is happening on all 4 legs. Thank you! View attachment 72234 View attachment 72235
That is shed -- they can swell at times to loosen the shed -- if it was gout he would be real touchy and it is painfull --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is just some swelling from the area getting ready to shed. The scales on top trap water in between
the top & underneath layer when developing. It should be fine once the areas all shed.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom