Swollen eye

clairefk

Hi! My beardie has one swollen eye with what looks like stuck shed? (I'm not sure!) I have no idea what this could be, any thoughts? I am calling the vet on Monday to make an appointment but I am so worried.
Is this a normal thing? I have never had anything happen like this to his eyes before and he's 5

Attachments

• IMG_8501.jpg
    IMG_8501.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 30

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 2
Hi! My beardie has one swollen eye with what looks like stuck shed? (I'm not sure!) I have no idea what this could be, any thoughts? I am calling the vet on Monday to make an appointment but I am so worried.
Is this a normal thing? I have never had anything happen like this to his eyes before and he's 5
Stuck shed will cause the eye to swell - gonna have AHBD look at it and she can advise
@AHBD

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, it looks like is definitely bothering him. If you have some sterile saline solution, or, some raw unpasteurized
honey you can treat the eye that way.
What type of substrate are you using for him?

Tracie

clairefk

Original Poster
Hello,

Poor thing, it looks like is definitely bothering him. If you have some sterile saline solution, or, some raw unpasteurized
honey you can treat the eye that way.
What type of substrate are you using for him?

Tracie
ill try that thank you! He is using just tile
His eye seems better this morning, he is opening it more and starting to blink more!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good to hear his eye seems to be doing better now! Hopefully it will
continue to improve for him.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

clairefk

Original Poster
Hello,

That is good to hear his eye seems to be doing better now! Hopefully it will
continue to improve for him.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie
His eye stopped getting better, but I kept using the saline solution but it didn't seem to be helping much. I gave him a bath just now and he was swimming around and after 15 minutes of him soaking I noticed something at the edge of his eyelid, got a Q-tip wet, tried to clean what was there, and something small came out! He seems so much better now, eating again and his eye isn't closed at all. I have a vet appointment Friday, if his eye is still good by Thursday should I still go for a check-up?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 2
His eye stopped getting better, but I kept using the saline solution but it didn't seem to be helping much. I gave him a bath just now and he was swimming around and after 15 minutes of him soaking I noticed something at the edge of his eyelid, got a Q-tip wet, tried to clean what was there, and something small came out! He seems so much better now, eating again and his eye isn't closed at all. I have a vet appointment Friday, if his eye is still good by Thursday should I still go for a check-up?
What could of gotten in it since your not using a loose substrate? Has he been out of his tank where he could of gotten something in it -- keep up w/ the saline a few more days and if need be use the honey but it sounds like it might start to clear up now -- I would watch it and if its improving its your call w/ the vet

clairefk

Original Poster
What could of gotten in it since your not using a loose substrate? Has he been out of his tank where he could of gotten something in it -- keep up w/ the saline a few more days and if need be use the honey but it sounds like it might start to clear up now -- I would watch it and if its improving its your call w/ the vet
He's currently shedding so I'm thinking it was just a bit of shed that got in his eye, but I will definitely keep up with the saline!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great news, it must have been stuck in his eye for awhile since it has been causing so much irritation for him.
Now you can use some saline solution for a few more days to help flush it out a little more.

Tracie

test2

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I need help my bearded dragon is acting strange when she eats its like she doesnt feel her tongue she walks in a very strange froggy way not like she used to
Looking for advice and recommendations!!
In this post, we've shared some fantastic Clothing brands. They Offer Wholesale Clothing in USA.
Carhartt Clothing Wholesale
76CF5E1C-3491-45C4-9FB9-823D755F2D65.jpeg
A funny photo of Tito to bless your feed(:)
New bearded dragon owner
I have some questions regarding uv lighting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaawoo7154
Top Bottom