Swollen beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
When was the picture you posted taken vs all the others? What feeder(s) does he eat most? From the majority of pictures his gullet looks to be normal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is awfully close to that tube bulb though.
What brand of tube bulb is it?
Is it puffed out like that all of the time or just sometimes?
How often do you supplement calcium & vitamins for him? It looks relatively normal, if it isn't puffed out like that all of the time.

Tracie

BritishPingu

Original Poster
He mostly eats black crickets and i use calcium daily on his Veg and Salad, his beard seems to be better now and doesnt stay that large really i was just wondering :)

BritishPingu

Original Poster
Oh and about the lighting tube, i could alter his log where he sits and make it more lying down sort of so he wont be too close, its a trixie reptiland 12.0 (We got him with all this stuff from a previous owner who no longer had the time to look after him)

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
BritishPingu":3sdc62xq said:
Oh and about the lighting tube, i could alter his log where he sits and make it more lying down sort of so he wont be too close, its a trixie reptiland 12.0 (We got him with all this stuff from a previous owner who no longer had the time to look after him)

How old is the UVB source?
What salad items is he eating?
How long have you had him?
If he is an adult (1.5 years old plus), I would cut his calcium intake down to 2-3 times a week.
He should also receive a multivitamin supplement for reptiles 1-2 times a week.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am not familiar with that particular brand of UVB tube. How old do you think it is?
Where are you located?
We recommend either the Reptisun 10 tube bulb or the Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb. Those bulbs are recommended to be at a 6-8 inch distance, mounted beside a bright white basking light.
Is his appetite pretty good most of the time?
I am glad his beard isn't always swollen.

Tracie

BritishPingu

Original Poster
Hi, the light was replaced a couple months ago as the owner gave us multiple to replace with, i believe hes just over 2 years of age and his appetite is good and he does eat but only eats his salad when we cant see him :p

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh of course, the classic way they love to eat their greens....when we aren't watching. LOL
How is he doing today?
It is a tube bulb, correct?
I really can't find much on those bulbs. I would recommend trying to find the Arcadia D3 12% tube bulb. You are in the UK?

Tracie

BritishPingu

Original Poster
Yeah the UK the bulb has been moved to the front of the viv (behind the wood holding the glass) and he seems much more active and hes eaten and his beard has gone down slightly , i will look into the new bulb. Thanks for your help :) :blob5: :blob8:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great! I am glad to hear he has gotten more active then with moving the lights around a bit. :D As long as it is directly overhead for him.
That is wonderful he is eating more & his beard doesn't appear as swollen either.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom