Swollen Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argy8910

My bearded dragon, Argy, is 7 months old according to the people at Petsmart, but from what I have read about beardies, I think he is more like 4 or 5 months old. I was told to get a 150 watt bulb for basking for his 20 gallon tank which caused him to get thermal burns. I took him to vet and got (I think it is called) "Silvadine" for his burns. He now has a 75 watt bulb in addition to a UVB light. He has continued to eat, play and drink water normally. The last week I have noticed that his right arm and "fingers" are swollen. He took a tumble off the arm of the couch, which is about 2 feet high, and I don't know if it is broken or is shedding. To my untrained eye it looks like shedding that isn't coming off...any advice? I know going to the vet is a common response, but honestly, where I live there are not trained reptile vets (I'm in Rhode Island) and the vet I went to didn't seem to know much, and her response to his burns was, "Either he'll live or he won't". Please help, I'm very attached to this little guy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Could you post a picture of him please?
How is his burn coming along?
I am going to move this thread to the Health section for more exposure.

Tracie

Argy8910

Original Poster
I will take a pic today and post it, thanks. His burn seems to be fine, as far as I know. He keeps shedding and I keep applying the silvidine. His arm actually appears to be less swollen and is beginning to look like it is shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom