Swelling Eye

velarie

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Amber
Amber has this eye problem for a month now. It was tearing at first so I have been putting the normal saline solution for her. Now it is like this. What can I do to treat her?

Attachments

• 20220418_102703.jpg
    20220418_102703.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 104

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Amber has this eye problem for a month now. It was tearing at first so I have been putting the normal saline solution for her. Now it is like this. What can I do to treat her?
It looks like shed irritating it- but something else is going on if your already rinsing-- let's go over the uvb coil or long tube fixture and your basking bulb? Is it a clear solid bright white bulb ? Amber is beautiful

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's solar glo (80w) I got it in a set when I got Amber.
Ok I thinking it's that bulb- please get a regular clear solid bright white basking bulb-- example a Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- or a Zoo med repti basking bulb-- what are you using for substrate? Anything loose? Next how big is your tank? We're gonna get you set up w/ new uvb- you need it anyway w/ a MVB most do not emit enough uvb mvb are weak on uvb rays

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Solar Glo MVB is usually a good bulb. How close to him is it? What you could do is keep
that particular bulb as a basking but go ahead & add a nice bright tube UVB. The Reptisun 10 T5 or
the Arcadia D3 12% T5 tube for the stronger UVB. The combination of the MVB & tube bulb for more
UVB is very good. It might help out the eye situation, too.
Are the temperatures doing well with the Solar Glo?
How is his eye doing?

Tracie

velarie

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Amber
Ok I thinking it's that bulb- please get a regular clear solid bright white basking bulb-- example a Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- or a Zoo med repti basking bulb-- what are you using for substrate? Anything loose? Next how big is your tank? We're gonna get you set up w/ new uvb- you need it anyway w/ a MVB most do not emit enough uvb mvb are weak on uvb rays
Ok will go look for it. As for the substrate, earlier it was dessert sand then I changed it to a tile. The tank size is 45cm × 45cm × 35cm(H)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok will go look for it. As for the substrate, earlier it was dessert sand then I changed it to a tile. The tank size is 45cm × 45cm × 35cm(H)
As Tracie mentioned those MVB's are supposed to have good heat but if its the bulb causing eye issues then I would replace it -- it looks like the tank size is a 20 gallon tank -- so for that I would recommend getting a Zoo Med 24" fixture and use the 5.0 bulb that comes w/ the fixture for now--- your going to haft to upgrade that tank real soon - this fixture will save you money because you can just upgrade the bulb to a 10.0 T 5 bulb and that will go into a tank of 40 gallon to 120 gallon - anything over 120 your going to want a longer fixture -- the 5.0 will need to be placed on top of the tank w/ no screen as they are not strong enough to go thru screen -- place a piece of basking decor directly underneath it 6-8 inches - the 24" fixture will fit width wise across the tank and you can butt your screen up to the UVB and place your basking light next to the fixture

velarie

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Amber
As Tracie mentioned those MVB's are supposed to have good heat but if its the bulb causing eye issues then I would replace it -- it looks like the tank size is a 20 gallon tank -- so for that I would recommend getting a Zoo Med 24" fixture and use the 5.0 bulb that comes w/ the fixture for now--- your going to haft to upgrade that tank real soon - this fixture will save you money because you can just upgrade the bulb to a 10.0 T 5 bulb and that will go into a tank of 40 gallon to 120 gallon - anything over 120 your going to want a longer fixture -- the 5.0 will need to be placed on top of the tank w/ no screen as they are not strong enough to go thru screen -- place a piece of basking decor directly underneath it 6-8 inches - the 24" fixture will fit width wise across the tank and you can butt your screen up to the UVB and place your basking light next to the fixture
Hi can you show me how does this fixture looks like? As it is not easy to find stuffs here in Malaysia.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The light fixture Karrie posted is really good one. Are you considering upgrading to a T5 high output
tube bulb soon?
I can imagine things being difficult to source supplies in Malaysia!
How is your dragon doing today?

Tracie

velarie

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Amber
Hello,

The light fixture Karrie posted is really good one. Are you considering upgrading to a T5 high output
tube bulb soon?
I can imagine things being difficult to source supplies in Malaysia!
How is your dragon doing today?

Tracie
As of today so much better compared to that day. I agree with what you all said the lighting is the problem.

Attachments

• 20220419_213008.jpg
    20220419_213008.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 67

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I've used Solar glo's for years, they never caused an eye problem. Get some raw unpasteurized honey, mix it with a tiny bit of warm water and drip it on the eye. It's a natural antibacterial.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom