Sweet Potato Mash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I haven't posted in a while, Dana is doing fantastic and we love her soooo much!! But I thought this was worth sharing :)

We've been making these mash balls for George, my Green Cheek Conure, for a while now. And we thought it'd be interesting to make a Beardie version! Turns out they are a big hit with Dana, and your dragon might like them too.

http://video.about.com/birds/Sweet-Potato-Mash-for-Birds.htm
This is the video we got the original recipe from. It is catered to parrots, but we've been making it for both animals at the same time, the only real difference is for Dana we leave out the quinoa and the millet, and we don't roll it in oats, as she really does not need the seeds at all. We do make them into small ball shapes just for easier feeding.

You can also add anything else you'd like! Blueberries, more greens, freeze dried crix... Anything really! =) This stuff lasts a while in the refrigerator, and you can freeze it easily too.

Hope your dragons enjoy it if you try it!! :D

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
That sounds interesting! Might get some finicky eater to eat some veggies this way.... Thanks for sharing!

thefatunicorn

Original Poster
Hopefully it will help Paradon :)

Also I might add this.... Sweet potatoes and carrots boil MUCH more easily if you cut them up before putting them in the water as opposed to just putting in the whole thing like the girl in the video. Thought that was worth mentioning :lol:

MomOf2Kiddos

Hatchling Member
I made this last night for Zil and he loves it! I just did the sweet potato, carrot and parsley combo. He was taking little bits from our fingers with his tongue lol and readily ate his mustard greens that had some smeared on them. Thanks! :D

thegreybush

Juvie Member
I'm going to make a video, too.

But I'm going to wear nothing but an apron. Nothing. But. An apron.
And we'll make mash balls for everybody.

Anybody want to produce?

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I bet you can mix all sorts of veggies into it. I bet they won't even know they're in there. :wink:

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
thegreybush":1olfdd1u said:
I'm going to make a video, too.

But I'm going to wear nothing but an apron. Nothing. But. An apron.
And we'll make mash balls for everybody.

Anybody want to produce?

OMG LOL LOL LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

you know that feeling when you want to change your profile picture, but like you don’t want to lose the good one you have? That’s me, right now
HELP WITH MY BEARDIE EGGS DONT WANT THEM TO DIE
lol i feel like i ask so many questions on this site but i just love it here!
so many questions & not enough days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viviannahodges
Top Bottom