Surface temp to hot - 100W Arcadia Halogen

Reggie1

Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for being annoying I have done everything possible to not allow my basking light to get too hot. It quickly heats the basking spot to 120/125 which is way too hot. I can’t seem to keep it consistent. I have a thermostat but I would have to set it really low for it to just stay off. It’s the direct light on the basking spot it heats up so quick.

Should I downgrade to the attached? Any advice? Maybe a 75Watt globe?

Attachments

• 9922B9F9-9A0D-4A12-B9EA-473605AFE44D.jpg
    9922B9F9-9A0D-4A12-B9EA-473605AFE44D.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 70

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for being annoying I have done everything possible to not allow my basking light to get too hot. It quickly heats the basking spot to 120/125 which is way too hot. I can’t seem to keep it consistent. I have a thermostat but I would have to set it really low for it to just stay off. It’s the direct light on the basking spot it heats up so quick.

Should I downgrade to the attached? Any advice? Maybe a 75Watt globe?
Trial and error w/ basking bulbs -- try it and see what you get for temps -- is the basking decor a slate or granite ? They tend to get really hot

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can lower the wattage of the bulb, you can raise the bulb higher above the screen, use a light stand for that, or you lower the basking area (if you dragon uses the same area for uv i don't recommend that option)

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Hey everyone!! I have got an Arcadia 75Watt bulb (see attached) the temperatures are 40 Celsius surface temp, 34/36 warm side of the tank. I have not checked the cool side as of yet but I will do that today when I get home.

Attachments

• 02181733-DF9D-48C9-8167-8A5EDE56A33E.jpg
    02181733-DF9D-48C9-8167-8A5EDE56A33E.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 52

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom