Supplement/ Calcium + hard urates

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone!

As I posted recently, Drogon is coming off the tail end of his breeding behavior (excuse the pun :D )

Because he's been eating inconsistently, it's difficult to determine if I'm over supplementing. Generally, I like to include a multivitamin supplement dusting once a week and calcium with D3 a few times a week. He has a reptisun 10 bulb.

Even though I give him pumpkin with water and occasional baths (he's very picky on this) I am noticing his urates are coming out either white and hard or orange and grainy. He is acting perfectly normal, so do you think it's too much supplement?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi Everyone!

As I posted recently, Drogon is coming off the tail end of his breeding behavior (excuse the pun :D )

Because he's been eating inconsistently, it's difficult to determine if I'm over supplementing. Generally, I like to include a multivitamin supplement dusting once a week and calcium with D3 a few times a week. He has a reptisun 10 bulb.

Even though I give him pumpkin with water and occasional baths (he's very picky on this) I am noticing his urates are coming out either white and hard or orange and grainy. He is acting perfectly normal, so do you think it's too much supplement?
White and formed w/ a little hardness is normal - the orange and grainy I would recommend cutting back to once a week on the D3 - if hes good on eating his salads you really dont need the vitamin -- he will get his nutrients thru the greens your feeding - if hes not so good on the veggies then I would give him those dusted on his insects 2 times per week

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
White and formed w/ a little hardness is normal - the orange and grainy I would recommend cutting back to once a week on the D3 - if hes good on eating his salads you really dont need the vitamin -- he will get his nutrients thru the greens your feeding - if hes not so good on the veggies then I would give him those dusted on his insects 2 times per week

Hey Karrie! Hope you're doing well :) It's good to hear about his urates. Drogon is VERY PICKY with vegetables -__- girl, I have tried with this one to give him the best restaurant quality with diverse ingredients. Sometimes he goes for it and sometimes he's like ew no greens xD

So if he's picky with the veg, should he get multivite 2x a week?
And is calcium once a week enough?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey Karrie! Hope you're doing well :) It's good to hear about his urates. Drogon is VERY PICKY with vegetables -__- girl, I have tried with this one to give him the best restaurant quality with diverse ingredients. Sometimes he goes for it and sometimes he's like ew no greens xD

So if he's picky with the veg, should he get multivite 2x a week?
And is calcium once a week enough?
You have the T 5 bulb? then yes --- I give my adult dragons D3 once a week and then you can give the regular calcium the other days if your feeding insects 2-3 times per week - and I would manage to dust the insects w/ the vitamin too ---

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom