Superworm shell in stool?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I was freaking out a bit my 2 girls are outside and decided to both poop outside. Both look fine BUT I spotted red in Chubbs poop which was firm and moist. Is this something to worry about or is it possibly the super worms I gave her? I dissected it with a stick (I was concerned) and in the 2nd/3rd pic you can see what looks like superworm to me. I gave them super worms 2 days ago Amber had 1-2 (not a fan) and Chubbs had her fill 5-6 (span of 2 days)

Attachments

• IMG_20220801_131510.jpg
    IMG_20220801_131510.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20220801_131445.jpg
    IMG_20220801_131445.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20220801_131328.jpg
    IMG_20220801_131328.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 75

bussdebo

Beardie name(s)
Cierra, Freya, Grrl
I was freaking out a bit my 2 girls are outside and decided to both poop outside. Both look fine BUT I spotted red in Chubbs poop which was firm and moist. Is this something to worry about or is it possibly the super worms I gave her? I dissected it with a stick (I was concerned) and in the 2nd/3rd pic you can see what looks like superworm to me. I gave them super worms 2 days ago Amber had 1-2 (not a fan) and Chubbs had her fill 5-6 (span of 2

bussdebo

Beardie name(s)
Cierra, Freya, Grrl
She might have parasites, so a poop sample to a vet would be how you find out. Hopefully it's nothing.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She might have parasites, so a poop sample to a vet would be how you find out. Hopefully it's nothing.
I had one done last month and it came back negative I'm thinking it's a superworm. I haven't had any problem with her poop till I gave her superworms then I noticed the color. She usually goes every few days and it's perfectly normal just odd to see that color. I have a vet appointment for my dog tomorrow I'll try and see if I can get a sample again

bussdebo

Beardie name(s)
Cierra, Freya, Grrl
I had one done last month and it came back negative I'm thinking it's a superworm. I haven't had any problem with her poop till I gave her superworms then I noticed the color. She usually goes every few days and it's perfectly normal just odd to see that color. I have a vet appointment for my dog tomorrow I'll try and see if I can get a sample again
That would be best. If supers don't agree with her, try silkworms, less fat & full of calcium so you don't have to dust them. I buy my supplements through www.bug-de-lite.com. Tracie K owns the site. I have found her liquid Calcium is the best, plus so many other products that are hand mixed & organic & come in flavours. My dragons love raspberries so I get the raspberry flavour & feed by syringe. Check it our & see what you think. Linda Bussema sells wonderful bugs & lots of types at decent prices.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That would be best. If supers don't agree with her, try silkworms, less fat & full of calcium so you don't have to dust them. I buy my supplements through www.bug-de-lite.com. Tracie K owns the site. I have found her liquid Calcium is the best, plus so many other products that are hand mixed & organic & come in flavours. My dragons love raspberries so I get the raspberry flavour & feed by syringe. Check it our & see what you think. Linda Bussema sells wonderful bugs & lots of types at decent prices.
Liquid calcium is interesting I will definitely check it out

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
since last october, we have used both the liquid calcium and liquid vitamins from tracie's site and highly recommend them. we give in a little bit of water containing tart cherry powder (also from her site) via a dropper. that way we know sir henry is getting those supplements even on days he chooses not to eat much. he absolutely refuses to eat anything with powder supplements on it and the water we add helps make sure he keeps hydrated.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom