superworm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stef0723

the guy at the petsmart told me i would have to squish the worms head before i fed it to my beardie, is this true? also when can a beardie start eating superworms? my beardie is a little over 15inches is he big enough or should i wait? and do they need to be dusted with calcium and vitamins?

Geoff22

Hatchling Member
No, you don't need to squish the head, your beardie will own that worm.....Mine likes to chew them up ALOT before he swallows them and some times while chewing the head will pop off and he will lick it up off the floor lol hes loves his supers

ANd being 15inch's he should be fine, just start him off with like a handful each day for 2-3 days with other feeders if he isnt having toubles pooing he should be good !!

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
most say to wait until 16" for supers but i would feed 2-3 just to see how well your beardie passes it.

yes you do need to dust with calcium, it sticks well to the supers! and just make sure your beardie chews thoroughly.

i got some bad info from a pet store employee too, telling me supers would eat right through my beardie's stomach, the wonderful people on here dispelled that myth and nesta's been loving her supers ever since!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
winq":ead12 said:
my dragon is about 7-8 inches including tail. can i start feeding him superworm?
:) No sorry your beardie can not eat adult superworms yet, not until he/she is roughly 15 inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom