super worried this don’t look right

Letty

Beardie name(s)
Letty
is this normal looking on her head? it actually has a kinda mold color to it- ive been taking her out n the sun everyday trying to help it- her head looks a shed or 2 behind tbh. any ideas on wht it is or how i can help her. she is stressing out & black more than ever before & the other day i saw stress marks down her.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
The pictures are a bit blurry. I can’t help much, but @AHBD might be able to. Could you post a few clearer pics for them?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's normal shed or pre shed, nothing to worry about all and not a chance that it's mold. There are tons of pics like that + I've seen mine looking the same. Beardie sheds are irregular so this is expected.

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
That's normal shed or pre shed, nothing to worry about all and not a chance that it's mold. There are tons of pics like that + I've seen mine looking the same. Beardie sheds are irregular so this is expected.
well the color freaked me out- i hvnt seen the color gray as she’s yet- & it looks like she is a couple behind i posted good pics to see the lines- wht is the best for her?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh I think you meant that you're worried she's turned grey and is a couple of sheds behind ? But no, grey is normal and they don't really get behind. She's O.K ! :)

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
I agree with AHBD, the grey is perfectly normal! When she is shedding, you could bathe her a bit more often to help loosen it off. I’ve found that my boys enjoy some nice scratches with a toothbrush, she might enjoy that as well

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They don't always do a full boby shed. They shed because they are growing, and their skin isn't elastic like ours. So sometimes it will be full boby sometimes it will just be in patches. As they become adults, full body shed become rare and it will seem like there is always some area trying to shed.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Bearded dragons usually shed only parts of their body at a time. It's nothing bad. my guy would shed his legs 2-3 times before any other part of his body when he was still a juvenile.

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
Bearded dragons usually shed only parts of their body at a time. It's nothing bad. my guy would shed his legs 2-3 times before any other part of his body when he was still a juvenile.
ok so its normal tht her face is behind like 2 sheds. i wanna b sure she is shedding properly- she is miserable-wht is a good humidity? so i can b sure it’s close to tht range to help her. i was told no humidity at all- being they are desert 🌵 animals- we live in vegas- but im from Chicago. thr isn’t much humidity here - so im really not sure the best for her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok so its normal tht her face is behind like 2 sheds. i wanna b sure she is shedding properly- she is miserable-wht is a good humidity? so i can b sure it’s close to tht range to help her. i was told no humidity at all- being they are desert 🌵 animals- we live in vegas- but im from Chicago. thr isn’t much humidity here - so im really not sure the best for her.
You don't want humidity below 20% or over 70% optimal humidity 40-50 % taken w/ a digital probe hygrometer

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
My girl finished a near fully body shed about 2 weeks ago, now she is already shedding her face (nearly done) and one leg (done) and her back again. There is no rhythm or reason to it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Did you get your beardie in vegas? If so which shop? (if you don't mind me asking). I live in vegas also, there is a good variety here, i have had good luck with scales and tails, LLL reptile and reptiles and reefs (in Hendersn).
My boy Zen came from LLL, and my girls Ruby and Snicker Doodle came from scales and tails.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it just looks like shed to me, they do tend to look a bit grayish prior to shedding. She is
very colorful, too!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom