Super Small Black Bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
I don’t have a picture, but there were these super tiny black moving bugs on my bearded dragon. I just got home from a three day vacation while my uncle was watching my pets. When I got home, I took her outside and noticed some small black moving dots. There were three in total which I got off by blowing. It could’ve been a bug from outside which I’m hoping it was. I feed her outside too so some might’ve gotten on her while eating. They were so small and barely visible. Are they mites? What do I do? Should I give my beardie a bath tomorrow in case there are more?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you did have your dragon outdoors, it is possible they might have been mites.
You were able to get them off though?
I would recommend bathing her, that should help out. You can put a small amount of
betadine in the bath water just to clean the skin thoroughly. If there are more mites, then
they should surface & you can pour the water off. Did you check your tank for more of
them?

Tracie

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":23kyks1q said:
Hello,

If you did have your dragon outdoors, it is possible they might have been mites.
You were able to get them off though?
I would recommend bathing her, that should help out. You can put a small amount of
betadine in the bath water just to clean the skin thoroughly. If there are more mites, then
they should surface & you can pour the water off. Did you check your tank for more of
them?

Tracie

I bathed her and nothing came up. When I saw them, I blew them off and they were gone. I haven’t seen any in her tank so far.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They must have just been some other type of bug or mite. At least they are gone now, that is
good to hear! Let us know how things are going & if you have more questions.

Tracie

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":15nm1e6f said:
Hello,

They must have just been some other type of bug or mite. At least they are gone now, that is

Tracie

Okay thanks!

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":tlwznbo9 said:
Hello,

Tracie

111754-3127105748.jpg
111754-2459368161.jpg

She was running through some bushes today.. I took a time lapse because I wanted to see how her colors might change, and I saw this. I’m going to give her another bath tomorrow. Should I clean my tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom