Suddenly something wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
So Blaze has been sick since friday, but after the weekend she seemed to start getting better!
But just a few minuets ago she seemed to have some kind of fit and coughed up the vegetables she ate today! It seemed that she had not actually swollowed them! This was like five hours after she had eaten. She also had blackbeard and seemingly sunken eyes for a couple hours before this and still does now! Its actually just about her bedtime. She also pooped three small poops today, and also seems weak now! I don't know whats wrong or what to do now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your girl is not doing well.
Can you review your tank setup for us, such as the lighting, UVB lights, temperatures, foods,
supplements, etc just so we can be sure everything is all correct?
Do you have any pictures of her we can see?
Can you get some oral fluids into her with a plastic dropper or syringe to help with dehydration?
Just drip it on the end of her nose to see if she will lick the water from the dropper. A lot of
them will drink easily like this.
Do you have any baby foods at home you can give to her if she isn't eating much?
Keep her around 75-80 overnight, to help while she is not feeling well.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've got a 4o gallon tank. Reti sun 10 uv tube 150 watt clear heat light.
She eats superworms, collard greens, carrots green peppers sweat potato, celery, and when I can get them hornworms. I don' think I have any dropper or plastic syringe around. I was going to give her a bath soon today. No baby food, I was thinking if maybe I shoulnt feed her today because more food might get stuck in her throat? She keeps acting like shes trying to get something out!
House is really old and kinda hard to keep warm a night, she sleeps in her hide with a heat mat under the tank under her.
I've got a few photos.
DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks good overall, how is she doing today?
Can you get a light fixture around the Reptisun 10 tube bulb? That will help to direct the
UVB downward onto your girl, much more effectively.
The heat mat is on for her overnight to help keep her warm?
in between her & the pad so she wont get too hot. This can help boost her system. Is her
breathing normal or is she wheezing or coughing, etc?

Tracie

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":yucnbgs9 said:
Hello,

She looks good overall, how is she doing today?
Can you get a light fixture around the Reptisun 10 tube bulb? That will help to direct the
UVB downward onto your girl, much more effectively.
The heat mat is on for her overnight to help keep her warm?
in between her & the pad so she wont get too hot. This can help boost her system. Is her
breathing normal or is she wheezing or coughing, etc?

Tracie

Hi, thanks I try my best with caring for her! The uv light is in a slimline fixture with a reflective foil and the plastic cover removed.
Anyway, Blaze seems a lot better today! I was actually she wouldn't make it through the night lastnight! She threw up all the food she ate the day before and seemed really weak!
But this morning she is not blackbearding and is holding her head up now! She also ate and hasn't thron up yet!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific news to hear that she is doing a lot better today!
Perhaps something that she ate just didn't sit well with her?
Ok, great that you do have reflective foil for the UVB light fixture, that should be fine for help
with directing the emissions downward more.
Since she did throw up some, be sure to get some oral fluids into her so she doesn't become
dehydrated now. At least she is not blackbearding now, that is a good sign she is feeling better.

Tracie

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3phvqnlf said:
Hello,

That is terrific news to hear that she is doing a lot better today!
Perhaps something that she ate just didn't sit well with her?
Ok, great that you do have reflective foil for the UVB light fixture, that should be fine for help
with directing the emissions downward more.
Since she did throw up some, be sure to get some oral fluids into her so she doesn't become
dehydrated now. At least she is not blackbearding now, that is a good sign she is feeling better.

Tracie

Hi, so she still has not thrown up! She ate most of her food today.
She still seems to have trouble breathing right sometimes. No Blackbeard or stress marks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news she is holding down her food right now & does not have a black beard,
either. Can you think of anything toxic that she could have ingested previously?
I hope she continues to improve but keep us posted on her.

Tracie

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":1nbj6a3i said:
Hello,

That is great news she is holding down her food right now & does not have a black beard,
either. Can you think of anything toxic that she could have ingested previously?
I hope she continues to improve but keep us posted on her.

Tracie

She might have had a piece of old collared greens maybe. Besides that I can't think of anything.
Shes ok today, still have that odd cough sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom